Enbrighten Zigbee Dimmer, 43096

Hey Folks,

I have a couple of spots where this dimmer fits the bill nicely. Any one using one of these on a C8? Any issues? Are they a good repeater?

I have 8 of these dimmers running in a 1500sf building (various models 43080, 43082, 43113) along with 9 Embrighten switches, no issues so far.
They are routing fine.

Thanks Mike, glad to hear. Must order up a couple and try them out.

Go to jascos site some might still be on sale...

1 Like

Ok, going to get a couple more of these, they are fantastic. VERY fast response time, in comparison to the Sengleds, excellant repeaters, good range, and now I can replace my Zigbee bulbs with regular ones. WAF is high, I had the new screen up with the visual mesh and showed her how they repeat, she pretended to be interested....She said "you aren't MESHING around are you". She deserved a fist bump for that one, lol.

1 Like

I use their Z-Wave ones. I have either 5 or 6.

1 Like

Hey @mike.maxwell, wonder if you can test something for me, got some odd behavior from my new dimmers I enquired about in my original post. If I press on, the dashboard indicates on, the blue light is on, on the actual dimmer but the bulb isn't. It seems to set to 0% on on command for some reason. I am using the generic Zigbee Driver here,
Like this...

I can repeat this with the GE Zigbee Driver on as well, but it goes to 1% ,the bulb doesn't come on, a second press with my button remote commanding setLevel then puts it to 100%, the first time it don't.

And regular on command from Alexa never turns it on. Says it on here but it isn't. You can see I hit refresh after the on command from Alexa. I wanted to see if the device page was reporting level 0, but it reads 100, so it should be on. But I noticed some skipped attributes here.

Not sure what to do...

hmmm, something just dawned on me, I have 5 of these identical dimmers and the ones that are NOT directly connected to the hub work flawlessly, this one and the other two are directly connected and that's ones I am having issue with. I am also experiencing the same issues with my sengleds. I have to turn them on twice to actually come on. Could this be related to the C-8 zigbee / 3.0 issues?

Is this model 43096?

Yes sir!

If you're testing / digging around in the driver, I also noticed the minimum level is not respected by the dashboard, button rule, or the device page. Should it be? i.e. mine is set for 15% in the driver but I can lower it to 5% by using any of the above methods and the physical light turns off, however all indications point toward it being still on, which it isn't.

This could be related to the issue I reported with the Samsung button not toggling the dimmer switch. I confirmed it is the same model and make.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/toggle-not-working-in-basic-rule-with-ge-zigbee-dimmer-switch/118306

Would you look at that, looks very similar to my issue for sure.

I don't have a 43096, seems i have everything else though...
I'll trade you a 43080 for it?

Huh

Lol, surrre Mike. The Sengled light bulbs, so if walk into any of the room with a motion sensor, the sensor triggers, the rule triggers, and the light doesn't come on. If i wait until the motion stops, and retrigger a few seconds later, bingo, on it goes. Same goes for the lamps i had the Sengleds in, press the remote once, button press registers, no light. Press it again, on it goes. Bizarre. Seems like the Sengleds were sleeping or something and the first trigger wakes em and the second actually turns them on. Just my thoughts on it. Now, that said, this didn't happen much at all when I was on power 20, but I moved back to power 12, and it was very frequent. One of the bulbs is literally 4 feet away from the hub in open air. All of that is behind me now though, replaced all the lamp bulbs with regular leds and now am using the GE Dimmer. All the other ones I replaced with regular bulbs and purchased some zooz relays to put in the ceiling fixture, they work very well. The only issue I have now is the GE dimmer not going to 100% for the on command, and not respecting the minimum level per the device page.

ok, PM me your address and I'll get that 43080 out to you, once i get your device it shouldn't take long to sort the driver.

The only thing i'm seeing with the driver/device combo so far is that sending a setLevel command when the device is off, and the requested level is less than the level when the device was turned off simply turns the device on, it does not honor the lower level command.
When the requested level is higher than the previous level, the device turns on and sets it to the requested level.
This is bizarre device behavior, but can be worked around in the driver, though no ones mentioned this "feature" to date...

Turning on a dimmer will always (or should anyway) simply restore the previous device level, this is normal and this is what this dimmer does.

In regards to the minimum level, a setLevel command with a level lower than the minimum specified isn't ignored, the minimum level specified is sent vs the smaller requested level, this is also working as designed.

All of these actions were executed from the device page.
Are these observations different than yours?

1 Like

Thanks Mike, I will run some tests when I get home today more in line with how your looking at it and see how it compares. One thing that really sticks out that looks different then your results, is when I turn it "on", from the device page it actually doesn't come on, it went to 0% as seen in the logs in a previous post here. Like this,

This is what I can't explain. Could 0% be stored as the last known device level?
Something just dawned on me....My button rule for off is actually set to 0%, not off, could this be related?

huh, found a bug, (another device anomoly), doing a setlevel 0 turns the device off as expected, however issuing an on command after that turns on the device at level 0, so while the device is on, its level is 0, so it looks off...
I can fix that.
What driver are you using?, that output isn't from the GE Zigbee Dimmer driver, it appears to be the Generic Zigbee Dimmer driver, did hubitat not select the correct driver to start with?
The GE Dimmer Driver is specific to these GE dimmers as it works around some of the few "features" these devices have.

1 Like

That's the issue Mike, you have found it! I tested both the GE specific driver and the Generic Driver. I had the same results, oddly enough the GE driver set it to 1% and the Generic set it to 0%. Hubitat did select the right driver, but in an attempt to troubleshoot I tested both.

This was with the GE driver...Oddly, it issued a setLevel for 100% but the dimmer came on only 1% as seen below. The second button press it went to 100%