Enbrighten Zigbee Dimmer, 43096

whats the issue?, the setlevel 0 problem with the ge dimmer driver?

Yes, that it goes to 0% or 1% when commanded On. Pretty sure it was with both drivers, but I have to confirm that.

Should I be using off / on in my simple button rule instead of 100% and 0%? What's best practice?

Using the GE Driver the minimum level setting in the device page doesn't seem to work for me. I have it set to 15% but I can lower it to 1% via device page or dashbord. I choose 15% because somewhere lower then that the bulb actually turns off, but never at 15%. If I use setLevel 1% the bulb will turn off.

stupid freaking things, what firmware version is yours running?
Mine's at 1124-0060-0000000B, if its not listed in the data section, flip over to the Device driver and click the updateZigbeeFirmware command. We don't have a firmware file for these, but it will print the current version in the data section.
This specific device i have will not slow fade to off properly, so use off(), not setlevel(0)
Or setlevel(1, fadeTime) followed by an off() a little later.

I seriously don't get the minimum level issue.
From the device driver, if the minimum level is set to 10 and you try a set level 5, 10 will be sent to the device...
The minimum level setting isn't a device feature, meaning the dimmer it self doesn't have this implemented, that preference only operates on the setLevel command sent to the driver from the device details or an app...

1 Like

sooo, here is the firmware version... Same as yours.

Here is the 15% setting..

And here is the log for me sending 10%

The dimmer is now blue (on) but the bulb is not lit. It needs about 15% to come on, so I really think it did set it for 10%, not the minimum 15%. I then set it for 15% and the bulb came on. Am I misunderstanding what the minimum should do maybe?

No, I'll keep futzing with this thing...

Thanks Mike, really appreciate it.

Based on the repeater performance of the GE dimmer I bought some of the same style GE plugs. Really good performers / repeaters. I pulled a few of them to the bottom here and circled them, lines going everywhere!

And after a few hours. Pretty messy but that's a good thing.

Yeah, I have bulbs that shut off below 15% and others fine at 1%, so keep this is mind, same for dimmers, not all are the same nor 100% prefect. Dimmers also except ON/OFF so I find it more reliable to set a percentage, eg. 48%, and then just use ON / OFF rather than a percent unless using cross network devices. For example, my Pico Remote is on a Caseta Bridge Pro 2 but controls a Zooz Z-wave dimmer. In this case I use 10%, usually a good amount for the dimming adjustment amount the hub sends to the dimmer if I use the remote. However, the dimmer in the entry hall or for the front of the garage are just set for a fixed percentage that works for those dimmers and bulbs. I would just set it at 20% or replace it.

Yep, I use ON / OFF for dimmers, not set to 0. Just more reliable.