Elevated and Severe Hub Loads with v2.3.4

Same here. on 134 and the issue has returned.

Platform Version
Hardware Version
Rev C-5

Solo unit - was having severe load issues until I used the reboot option on the settings page of the hubitat. Since then - 4 hours so far and no severe load warnings.

where can i see all these cpu stats people are looking at?

http://192.168.81.203/hub/cpuInfo

ie fill in your ip address

Install @thebearmay 's Hub Information driver.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I seem to be seeing the severe load when available memory drops below about 240kb - if I reboot, then things are fine again:

Today's peak:

The load of 3.39 is the issue. That could be a high number of apps/drivers waiting on responses to calls - generally internet integrations, or a runaway task/app/driver.

1 Like

It's calmed down a bit now, but still showing "Severe Load":

i wouldnt call 40% calm. i have 300 devices and many cloud and have never seen that high.

hopefully they will find the cause soon.. it doesnt appear to be a device or app as none show that high.. seems like some kind of underlying os thread but not everyone has it so it must be caused by some combo of devices or apps.. Very hard to track down..

2 Likes

Yeah, it's not ideal, I've only got 145 devices on my primary hub.

It's definitely still an issue too - this morning I knocked up a Severe Load management rule, and it's triggered six times before lunch. I think I'll just set it to kick the hub over when it gets to 10 alerts, regardless of the time of day.

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 11.51.31 am

I spoke too soon, the high CPU issue still exists, I have a rule that reboots the hubs if free memory drops below 225 MB and the hub rebooted after 37 hrs of uptime.

225 may be too low mine both go below 200 and still work fine. I thinl the threshold is lower with the addition of the homekit.

Keep an.eye.on.it but i wouldnt auto reboot.

I would, I have mine reboot when it's below 225 free at 4am, If I dont, performance starts degrading rapidly.

EDIT: My primary C7 got to 10 Load Alerts and rebooted - it's looking healthier now:

1 Like

Like you I have over 300 devices. I have found that the response time of some of my devices slows considerable when free memory gets around 200 MB so I reboot at 225.

1 Like

It seems like you are starting off in a hole as far as memory goes. After a reboot, my hubs are both over 400. After a couple days they might settle out around 300. If they drop too much below, then cpu usage starts climbing, I assume due to the hub trying to free up more memory. Your database is also much larger.

If I reboot a second time, I get more memory free - I have no idea why that is.

Havent noticed that. I pole once an hour both zwave and zigbee device.and the only slowdowns.are.around the 2 am maint cycle.

The severe load issue returned overnight and after 10 alerts, my rule bounced the hub.

Has the @support_team taken a look at the engineering logs for you?

1 Like