Eaton (Cooper) RF9540 Z-Wave Dimmer

Yea!!! Hi am so glad you found a fix. I hadn’t heard of this as an issue. I am surprised I didn’t encounter it too, since I bought my devices from 7 or 8 sources (all new devices) over several months.

I still wonder if a factory reset would straighten it out.

@willshieh were you ever able to get the Eaton 9540 master and 9542 accessory to work? My home was wired up for both to control my entry way lights but the Clarehome controller died and I just recently switched to Hubitat elevation. I can control the 9540 via hubitat but controlling the 9542 via hubitat or manually with the switch does nothing. Tried reading on the forums here but all of the device drivers people provided aren't doing the trick for me.

Thanks in advance if you figured it out.

If anyone else has any pointers for a Hubitat n00b (day 2) I'd appreciate it!

I've tried the following drivers:

• Generic Z-Wave Association Handler by erocm123
  • Any Z-Wave Dimmer Driver v1.1.8 by JVM

Nope. I got stuck and haven't figured it out. Same problem you have. I haven't revisited this in months though.

There are dedicated drivers for this that manage the direct associations and handle the sync between the 2 drivers

Hi @bcopeland, any leads on these dedicated drivers? I'm new and have read through a few threads on it already. I tried some custom drivers but never did I see the Association field that I could enter a value for (of the Master Unit).

Any help would be appreciate for this hubitat newbie.

Here.. Check this out..

1 Like

@bcopeland thanks for creating these drivers. They work slicker than snot on a greasy log.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like