Drivers for Samsung Appliances controlled via SmartThings Cloud API

Updated.

GitHub: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/master/SamsungAppliances/Samsung_Dishwasher.groovy

HPM: Do a repair on HPM.

1 Like

FYI the Fridge driver also has trace logging enabled.

1 Like

All code should be updated to V1.1 this week and take off Beta designation. A user is currently testing Sabbath mode for the refrigerator plus wringing out the Flex compartments on the washer/dryer. When these are affirmed, an update of all code will follow shortly.

2 Likes

On the refrigerator driver....

What would be the fastest that I could do for notifications? Currently with Hub Connect I get nearly instant.

The limit for the Samsung API is 12 calls per minute for each device. That would support 5 seconds; however, there would be no margin for error. Currently, I am throttling to 1 minute - but that can change to a range of poll intervals.

1 Like

I was investigating a Node-Red option yesterday which I have not figured out yet, if it only does polling or how it works. It says it acts as a "Smart App" and requires node-red be setup to accept external web hooks. So I am thinking it will get events pushed to it. I might try to set it up eventually just for fun.

Yeah I started to fiddle with Node Red a while back and I could not get the hang of it. Everything I found online for help seemed to be making assumptions of preexisting knowledge. Maybe I'll revisit it some day.

Maybe a tad quicker would work. It's really the ONLY hang up I have come across with any of the drivers.

Hi @djgutheinz
Have you been able to complete your work on the Soundbar driver?
What versions are or will be supported?
If you need any testers I will do my best to help.
Thanks,
Amit

It should be out next week. Some final clean-up. It will support any Samsung Soundbar installed into SmartThings. Functions will likely include:

• playback control (pause, play, stop)
  • audio volume/mute
  • Source Selection (HDMI, BT, etc)
  • Switch (on/off)
  • Track Data

Not all functions will work on the old Samsung Multi-room devices (that used the Samsung Multiroom app). I have a separate (more functional) driver for those units.

2 Likes

Great news.
I have a Q70R soundbar and I will keep track of your posts and test when you publish. Thanks

1 Like

Additional question on the refrigerator driver:

Is there anything additional that can be controlled in regards to the screen? Ours has the large tablet type display (I don't think they all do)

Version 1.1 is now available.

Update options:

• use HPM update
  • use Import button on driver's edit page.

As usual, not all functions will necessarily work on all models.

Changes:

• Fixed multiple comments on previous version.
  • Added Sabbath Mode for Refrigerator (still under verification).

Version 1.1 Additions:

• Added Flex compartment child drivers for Washer and Dryer
  • Added Soundbar driver (for those soundbars that can not use the Multiroom App)
1 Like

Not sure what I did before, the main package was matched up, but none of the actual drivers so I did a matchup again to fix that. Updated. Went into my fridge device and hit Save Preferences at which time I got a bunch of warning about driver versions and child devices. It made a bunch of duplicate childs.

Changed to the "Device" driver, deleted the states and childs. When back to the Fridge driver and Did a save again, still getting odd log messages and two ice maker childs.

Went to the main fridge driver and removed the "T" from the version number which got rid of the version warnings. Still getting two icemakers not sure why.

The second icemaker is due to the way I parse the return from SmartThings. Yours apparently has two components icemaker listed.

Just delete the second Icemaker for now. I believe the 2nd icemaker is in the return from Samsung. I will have to see how to not install.

Dave

Ok, if you look in my last logs post there is also a warning about "pantry-01" and "pantry-02". I have no idea what those are. None of this showed up with the beta driver, just started with 1.1. If you need any more info from the data collection thing or whatever just let me know.

1 Like

Hi @djgutheinz
I installed the driver using HPM and everything went OK.
I can control the soundbar Q70R using the device page and the dashboard.
Thank you.
One question - is there a way to play a specific track using this driver? I would like to add this soundbar to my pre-alarm system and make it bark when triggered by an outdoor sensor in the yard.

Not right now. I have an idea, but low probability of working.

Dave

I see. I might try connecting a USB to my TV (Samsung). The TV is connected to the soundbar. Then, when triggered, I will send a command to the TV to play the USB and in the same time command the soundbar to play the HDMI source a max volume.
It might work, or not :laughing: