[DRIVER] Zooz ZEN Switches Advanced (and Dimmers)

Yeah sorry should have been more clear..

Just a heads up they added a group 4 association for the ZEN72 at least in 10.10.

1 Like

Yeah I think I have some info on that. There have been a bunch of poorly or undocumented changes recently, I cannot keep up with it. I may need to revamp the parameters again to deal with various hardware revisions (eg ZEN30). It would be much easier if I had good info to work off of.

1 Like

I just ordered a couple of the 700 series Zen30. Does you driver support them at all or should I use the built-in driver?

It should work the same, I have one here to test with but I have not opened it yet. Any new parameters they added wont be in there. I think they made it function very similar so that existing drivers would continue to work.

1 Like

Many of you will start seeing Bad manifest for Zooz Switches Advanced Drivers from an HPM update. Now that the Unmatch feature is in there I was able to finish moving my manifest to a new spot on my GitHub. If you get this error go to HPM Settings > Unmatch and unmatch this driver. Then do a new matchup to get on the correct manifest file. Unfortunatly there is a bug in hub firmware 2.3.2.135 where the menu will show "null", which I was still able to select and match, and then everything else worked as expetced. HPM post about the null menu issue

Zooz reached out to me with info on some new firmware/hardware versions and parameters so they could be supported. I solved the issue with firmware versions going backwards with continued support for all 7x firmware version for anyone who just does not want/need to update.

I added the 'deviceModel' to the data section to better support viewing all models/firmware version using this app: [Release] Device Data Item Display. You will need to "Refresh" the device for it to populate the model in the data.

UPDATE: [1.5.2] - 2022-07-10

Added

• Support for multiple hardware/firmware major versions
  • Support for params 27-30 for ZEN72/74/77 (newest firmware required)
  • Support for Association Group 4 (only works on some models)
  • Set deviceModel in device data (press refresh)

Changed

• Removed getParam.value and replaced with separate function
  • Adding HTML styling to the Preferences

Fixed

• Some parameters would get multiple [DEFAULT] tags added

Deprecated

• Parameter test/hide functions, not needed

I totally forgot to post this originally. Example of HTML styling in preferences. I probably spent way too much time making this look perfect because that's just me. How awesome does this look?

3 Likes

What are these parameters? After upgrading, I opened a Zen77 and the highest parameter I see is 26.

Requires newest firmware, the fact that you cannot see it means my setup is working! Here is what I got form Zooz below. Hope they don't mind me posting this, it looks like a copy of what they plan to add to their docs. They asked me to add these settings so they better know its going to generate questions :slight_smile:. Oh and don't ask what the association groups are for, with them adding group 4, I don't know which does what, I am waiting for more info.

New parameter info from Zooz

Below are the new settings which have been added to the following dimmer versions so far:

ZEN72 10.10 (ver. 1.0 hardware) and 2.0 (ver. 2.0 hardware)
ZEN74 10.10 (ver. 1.0 hardware, no 2.0 hardware available at the moment)
ZEN77 10.20 (ver. 1.0 hardware), 2.10 (ver. 2.0 hardware), and 3.0 (ver. 3.0 hardware)

Remote Z-Wave Dimming Duration (Multilevel Commands For Group 3 And 4)

Parameter 30: Set the time it takes to get from 0% to 100% brightness on dimmers and smart bulbs directly associated with your dimmer in Groups 3 and 4 when pressing and holding the paddle (physical dimming) on your dimmer. The number entered as value corresponds to the number of seconds.
Values: 1 – 99 (seconds). Default: 5.
Size: 1 byte dec

Ramp Rate Control

Parameter 9: Adjust the ramp rate ON for your dimmer when the top paddle is pressed (physical ramp rate on). Values correspond to the number of seconds it take for the dimmer to reach full brightness when operated manually.
Values: 1 – 99 (seconds). 0 – instant on. Default: 0.

NOTE: On all other previous firmware versions including 1.0 and 10.0, this setting was used for all ramp rate control (to adjust behavior for on/off physical and Z-Wave ramp rate). The default value for this parameter used to be 1.

Parameter 27: Adjust the ramp rate OFF for your dimmer when the bottom paddle is pressed (physical ramp rate off). Values correspond to the number of seconds it take for the dimmer to turn off when operated manually.
Values: 1 – 99 (seconds). 0 – instant off. Default: 2.

Parameter 28: Adjust the ramp rate ON for your dimmer when a Z-Wave command is sent to turn the dimmer on (Z-Wave ramp rate on). Values correspond to the number of seconds it take for the dimmer to reach full brightness when operated via Z-Wave.
Values: 1 – 99 (seconds). 0 – instant on. 255 – match physical. Default: 255.

Parameter 29: Adjust the ramp rate OFF for your dimmer when a Z-Wave command is sent to turn the dimmer off (Z-Wave ramp rate off). Values correspond to the number of seconds it take for the dimmer to turn off when operated via Z-Wave.
Values: 1 – 99 (seconds). 0 – instant off. 255 – match physical. Default: 255.

3 Likes

Ah, okay. All related to ramp rates. I hope they add these same parameters to the Zen30. You can set the ramp rate for physical, but not zwave so when using it with motion at night there's a delay as the dimmer ramps up. Oddly, this only happens with values under 100%, which is instant.

Speaking of the Zen30,

I added the 'deviceModel' to the data section to better support viewing all models/firmware version

Was this update only to the dimmer/switch drivers?

No update to Zen30 yet but I am going to bring it up to speed with the other driver very soon.

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you for the work you put into these drivers btw. It's highly appreciated.

1 Like

I threw out the fact that other vendors appear to use Group 4 and do association differently in an attempt to get them to make direct associations working in a true 3-way setup like other vendors seem to.

All of that could have been avoided if they had a matching remote.

I have had no luck with associations but to be honest it was probably the way I set things up. Found it to be too slow in some cases (beyond 3-way), didn't like the "popcorning" of the relays and sometimes switches would get out of sync. Once I shifted to button only / smart bulb mode for the ancillary switches things started working much better.

1 Like

@Ken_Fraleigh I found a bug in the v3 wanted to see if the V2 has it also. When I command the relay button from the hub, the reports the device sends back tell the driver that the relay switch AND the main toggle dimmer have both turned on/off. Have you noticed this on the V2 at all or can you test?

This update is all about the ZEN30, merging all prior updates in with the ZEN30 driver! I had a few updates hiding in the ZEN30 that I merged back to the switch and dimmer also. Tested with ZEN30 v1 and v3 hardware.

The ZEN30 v3 has a firmware difference which may cause both the dimmer AND relay to be set to the same status after controlling the relay button via the hub commands. This is tested and accounted for in this driver update.

Added support for the new ZEN30 parameters also, see the Zooz docs for more info:
Zooz ZEN30 Changelog
Zooz ZEN30 Advanced Settings

UPDATE [1.5.3] - 2022-07-13 (@jtp10181)

Added

• Better support ZEN30 v2/v3 hardware/firmware

Changed

• Extra check to make sure devModel is set
  • Minor refactoring

REMINDER:

Many of you will start seeing Bad manifest for Zooz Switches Advanced Drivers from an HPM update. Now that the Unmatch feature is in there I was able to finish moving my manifest to a new spot on my GitHub. If you get this error go to HPM Settings > Unmatch and unmatch this driver. Then do a new matchup to get on the correct manifest file.

2 Likes

HPM fails on the new update installing the 3rd driver zen30 then rolls back.

I tested it last night and also just ran a full repair, works fine on my end. Are you on current hub firmware its possible I added something not supported on an older firmware. Also, check the logs, it might be generating an error in there.

I am on .135 on a C-7. I have 1-Zen30, 6-Zen71 2-Zen72. Just received today 22 more 700 series switches. I will be busy this weekend. Anyway I even changed the driver of the one Zen30 back to the HE driver and it still failed. Again it installs the first two and crashes on then Zen30 driver install and then rolls back.

They are on firmware .138 now, there is a slight chance something I changed recently did not work on .135, might be a simple syntax thing.

You could try a repair in HPM but might do the same thing.

Next would be to try manually installing the code, you can go in and edit the ZEN30 driver code, hit import and put this url in there for the import: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jtp10181/Hubitat/main/Drivers/zooz/zooz-zen30-double-switch.groovy

If the code has an error preventing it from installing, it will give you details at the top. If you tell me the error there I can then see what the problem might be.

1 Like

Imports fine from the raw link.

1 Like