Downloading events, is there a method to download all at once?

I would like to download the events for one of my thermostats. There are 2600 events. I can download 100 at a time but would prefer to not have to do that next time.

Is there a way to maybe "export" the data?

Thanks

2 Likes

It would be nice to export all the data. I haven't seen anything.

1 Like

BUMP! I too would like a way to export device data. Specifically for visualization using Tableau.

1 Like

My alternate approach would be to write a small groovy program that would subscribe to the events of interest and pass them on to an ESP8266 then out the serial port.

I know there is a groovy data logging app that is connected to some data base in the cloud. My needs are much more modest, I am only looking to test my sensors and understand what they can an cannot do.

I will likely look at my data in Excel, as I said my needs are modest.

My issue is I am not a programmer but eek by in C and C++ to a lesser extent. I've only touched on groovy. However I'm hoping the program would be simple enough for me to piece together.

Have you looked into using Node-Red and the Hubitat’s Event webSocket? Pretty easy to collect every event from the hub without impacting performance. You can also grab the Live Logs webSocket data if desired.

Check out the Node-Red thread. I am using it to monitor the Events webSocket and selectively send data to InfluxDB. Others log the data to relational databases or csv files.

1 Like

Thanks,

I'll look into Node-Red. The option of a csv file sounds right for my periodic testing.

John

It would be nice to have an easier way to manually download the data. The node-red solution is great but seems like overkill for what my intended use. I just want to study 1 week of temperature data to make the best decision when setting my Thermostat manager parameters. As-is I can only pull 24 hrs worth of info from HE. Can HE be configured to store more info? Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

I also need this functionality. A simple download button on the events page would be so simple!

I was able to extract the entire event log by manually calling the API.

I used the chrome web inspector to see the API address and copied the URL. I changed the length value (near the end) to 999999. This produced JSON with all events. A quick paste into notepad++, replace all ],[ with \n gave me a nice list. With a few more quick modifications I have a list ready to paste into excel. You would think you could use the url below by replacing the IP address and device number.

http://192.168.1.200/device/events/33/dataTablesJson?draw=10&columns[0][data]=0&columns[0][name]=ID&columns[0][searchable]=false&columns[0][orderable]=true&columns[0][search][value]=&columns[0][search][regex]=false&columns[1][data]=1&columns[1][name]=NAME&columns[1][searchable]=true&columns[1][orderable]=true&columns[1][search][value]=&columns[1][search][regex]=false&columns[2][data]=2&columns[2][name]=VALUE&columns[2][searchable]=true&columns[2][orderable]=true&columns[2][search][value]=&columns[2][search][regex]=false&columns[3][data]=3&columns[3][name]=UNIT&columns[3][searchable]=true&columns[3][orderable]=true&columns[3][search][value]=&columns[3][search][regex]=false&columns[4][data]=4&columns[4][name]=DESCRIPTION_TEXT&columns[4][searchable]=true&columns[4][orderable]=true&columns[4][search][value]=&columns[4][search][regex]=false&columns[5][data]=5&columns[5][name]=SOURCE&columns[5][searchable]=true&columns[5][orderable]=true&columns[5][search][value]=&columns[5][search][regex]=false&columns[6][data]=6&columns[6][name]=EVENT_TYPE&columns[6][searchable]=true&columns[6][orderable]=true&columns[6][search][value]=&columns[6][search][regex]=false&columns[7][data]=7&columns[7][name]=DATE&columns[7][searchable]=true&columns[7][orderable]=true&columns[7][search][value]=&columns[7][search][regex]=false&order[0][column]=7&order[0][dir]=desc&start=0&length=999999&search[value]=&search[regex]=false&_=1630338871833

2 Likes

This is probably a too simplified approach, but it might work for some applications

I tried using this as an example and it works to create a txt or csv file however the data appears all on one line. I can take it to notepad and add the rows, but is there a way to make it do new rows automatically after every append?

I found this thread while looking to do something similiar. I found the answer in a different thread and wanted to post it hear for anyone who may come across this in the future.

In the portion of the rule where you enter the text to append, simply hit 'return' at the end of the last line.

Thanks to @roberto.grosso.rgr for posting his solution here.

1 Like

This was exactly what I was looking for. Quick and simple way to download the current logs.

1 Like