Done with Hubitat

Ha, great question, I do use Brave which probably isn't supported. Let me try in Chrome.

1 Like

NOT supported.

Chrome produces the same results. I can't seem to edit my condition.

Then the rule got corrupted. You have no choice but to create a new one and just correct it. Brave browser is probably how it got that way.

This is the second time I've had to do this. Any idea how a rule gets corrupted? I re-created this one last week from scratch.

Edit: saw your message about hitting back above. I don't believe I did that, but it's possible. I'll carefully craft the rule again from scratch and see if it's editable.

DO NOT use Brave for any reason. Chrome is the best browser to use with Hubitat. Don't even use Brave to do anything in the UI not even to poke at a rule.

I often use Brave, I will use Chrome going forward. Thanks for the help and apologies for my frustrated opening post.

2 Likes

No worries. Us old timers are always here to help !

4 Likes

I found it handy to create local variables so that it's easy to change the values without changing the logic when I was trying to figure out the temperature range I wanted for a specific room:

2 Likes

Not that it should happen... but some things I have noticed which may help you:

Often I go to edit something, and there is no option to do so - only create new. So I select something from the drop down, then after it comes up, I click cancel. Then after the page refreshes it will show the edit button. A little weird to have to do that, but not much other choice when you can't use the back button.

Sometimes you go to create an action, and you change your mind / clicked wrong, and then you try to cancel out of it, but when you go back in to create it correctly the original reappears as if you want to continue where you left off versus start new. Usually when this happens I am concerned the rule is corrupt and start again. But, if you aren't concerned, you can usually get this to go away by finishing the original action/condition you didn't want, and then deleting it. But I've seen this issue a lot less lately, it may have been squashed.

Finally always wait for the page to fully load. I often click faster than the UI refreshes - such as I make a change, see the done button and click on it. But at the same time the page refreshes, and I've actually clicked on something else (usually edit conditions). This doesn't seem to have any poor effect on your rule, just brings you to the wrong screen and can be frustrating.

Not saying the above should happen, but it helps to know that is what is happening :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried editing a few times and it's way more work than it's worth

Just delete the Else-If and insert above... and enter the new condition

AND, if at all possible, use Simple Lighting or other apps, like was said above, RM is not for the faint of heart

What I get frustrated about is a rule can run fine for days, weeks or months, then it stops working, I come here and folks say, oh this is wrong or that is wrong... WTF, it's been working fine and now it stops...

So hard to follow along and learn, for me at least

Good luck

1 Like

Now that's an excellent idea! I'll definitely do that instead.

1 Like

I've done that in the past too but now that doesn't seem to work with this app. I'll probably re-create it from scratch again and use local variables (like @billmeek suggested) to store the target temps so I can easily edit them.

Does anyone know what framework, if any, the UI is written in?

I don't like it either, but I am rarely in there anymore now that I have most stuff working.

@gartland807 to answer your question, to change the temperature, go to manage or create conditions in the rule and then choose edit condition and choose the condition from the list. It will auto update in the rule.

1 Like

hodge podge and spatterings of vue.js. That was what I gleamed looking at the paged in developer mode in my browser a couple weeks back.

I think he tried that. The issue was that he was using Brave web browser and that browser has had issues with the web UI. I believe even @bravenel has said this in a post some weeks past.

Another post with users having a problem with Brave. Color Bulb Menu in Dashboard wont close

Cool and friendly helping team member for HE with newbies watching the experimented team

1 Like

In a case like this, I use a local variable. Then it is very easy to change the trigger temperature.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.