Help with rules logic

Hi. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I am trying to create a rule (rules?) to run a gas fireplace to maintain a room temperature between 68 and 70 degrees.

Any suggestions on how to approach that?

Here's the RuleMachine I'm using currently for controlling a heater:

I also have a rule to refresh the 'Bedroom SmartThings Motion Sensor' every 30 minutes since it doesn't update the temperature quick enough. I have an Aeotec Multisensor 6 (which can be powered by USB) on order to use as a temperature sensor for the bedroom so that I don't have to run the battery down on the SmartThings motion sensor by refreshing it so often.

Thanks billmeek. I can already see a few things I had wrong in my code. Will give this a try later.

Out of curiosity, why are you using local variables vs. hard coding the values?

Old habit from batch programming, learning to use them (variables) in Hubitat as I'm a "newbie", and future additions to the Rule.

Thanks again, Bill. I was able to fix my logic using your example!

Glad it worked for you. Now to get mine more stable I'm having to change out sensors. The SmartThings motion sensor I've been using hasn't been reliable for temperature (but great for motion), so I put in an Aeotec MultiSensor 6 (using USB rather than batteries) in the room for temperature readings.

Hope that works better for you. I am using one of my ecobee sensors and it works well.