Custom Dashboard [Hubidash] Release

forum-banner

:boom: You can now download Hubidash from hubidash.com

Hubidash is a custom standalone dashboard for your Hubitat.

• Multiple user accounts with 3 different access levels for device control and dashboard settings management
  • Accounts are secure with sessions and a possibility to add pincodes which are required on every app load
  • UI customization with two themes (dark and light) and user avatars
    Device tags which function as quick-access filters and groups
  • Device activity log
  • Mode switch
  • Ability to use almost as a native app since it's a PWA. You can use it on desktop computers and mobile devices

It has support for users with different access types, login-sessions, easy device sorting and access and convenient logging.

As much as I LOVE Hubitat as a product - it's dashboard sucks. Visually and performance wise. It loads slowly and takes too many clicks to get to. Not even talking about customization options. Ideally it should be as simple and snappy as Google Home and look at least no worse than that.

15 Likes

Looks cool! Do you support multiple hubs at this time?

The answer is - maybe :smiley: I honestly don't know. I have one, and I cannot imagine how a multiple hub setup might work. Go ahead, test it, and let us know. maybe it works. :smiley:

1 Like

This looks awesome, looking forward to trying it. I just need to free up a PI :slight_smile:

Oh I am excited to try this! RBPi is already ordered. Thank you.

Can you please load some views of the Hubidash so we can get some impression of the app capability. Some screen shots will be great.
Thanks a lot

2 Likes

:+1:

I would love to have something like this running directly on the Hubitat hub... :wink:

1 Like

Images added to the website.

2 Likes

The download link appears broken ?

http://www.hubidash.com/dist/filename.zip

Fixed. Sorry about that. A lot of things on my plate today

1 Like

There was a mistype in the manual in pm2 autorun setup section command. Two dashes before the "watch" instead of one. Now corrected.

Hi all going fairly well. Mongoose installed OK and got web interface working - a couple of comments on my journey

The zipped file doesn't have a parent server folder but I put everything in one and uploaded to the Pi

Following your instructions the installed nodeJS is v10.18.0 - is that a problem? Do I need to update this with NVM ?

Should I be creating a database called hubidash (or my choice) somewhere - there doesn't seem to be a step for that ? I have an admin, config and local DB.

** Update Ahh following the instructions verbatim I see the DB I created was called 'admin' so making great progress again ... I should have used 'hubidash' instead but I thought I was creating the 'admin' account and then would be adding DB's within that. The wrong DB name throws a

Server is running on port: 5000
(node:15997) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: MongoError: Authentication failed.

'Authentication Error' which misled me into thinking it was a username/password error.

Web interface working and retrieving HE devices.... onwards

I congratulate you on some of the best install instructions I've read in a long time. A really tedious job I know but so important

needed to use sudo here

sudo npm install pm2 -g

That's them all - up and running :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh joy...another toy to setup and play with! :wink: :smiley:

Thanks for putting this together...will be my "need some alone-time" project when I have time. Looks cool.

1 Like

Very good points, thank you.

Yes, I have missed the step of creating an actual database. I will add it today. Creating a database called 'hubidash' might be the right thing to do obviously. :smiley: Royski, pay attention to this - it might be why you are having trouble.

Other databases that you see in MongoDB are for other purposes (not connected to Hubidash). Mongo stores it's own data in them.

I will also add the translation to that button today.

4 Likes

Regarding Node version - I cannot check them all. Sometimes they release versions which deprecate older features or change the way old features work. That's why I have stated the exact Node version I have been using. I would say it is just safer to go with my version atm just because I know it works 100%

1 Like

Instructions have been added to "RASPBERRY PI PREPARATION" section and there is also a package update fixing that missing translation.
(yes, actual translation. In theory Hubidash is ready for multiple languages. Just need to write texts and add a language switch somewhere.)

2 Likes

All I need is the basic English version. My French was always very limited, I've forgotten most of the small amount of Chinese I used to know, and I started but then stalled on studying Korean (need to get that going again)!

Thanks for the updates and improvements!

1 Like

Well, the world is big. :slight_smile: There are at least 3 languages "fighting" in my head for domination, and generally, it's good to have support for those. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Luckily we can all come together to speak geek. :smiley:

3 Likes

This looks great, thank you.
I am running unraid. Can I use docker container for mongo & node.js?
I am a total newb when it comes to this stuff, and just copy/paste like a monkey.

1 Like