"Current Products" Zigbee e-wand - Driver Support?

Mike, Great news. Thanks. Can I get a copy of the Driver code from Github for testing? I was waiting on this driver news before ordering the E-Wand product. I wanted to be sure we had a driver.

Thanks,

Ron

and no $202 Lutron PICO required (Pro Hub and Remote Control).

I like this solution.

Ron

1 Like

I may be late to the party. I installed one of these wands and am very pleased with it. I did get it to connect with HE fairly easily and am using HE's "Generic Zigbee bulb" driver. It works perfectly. This integrated with Alexa, the command is "Alexa, open the blinds" , or "Alexa, close the blind". I also have this setup in a schedule. This is working great.

1 Like

Does a partial up or down of the blind work with the generic driver? I assume it is a sliding dimmer style tile?

Ron

My tester arrived today. Hopefully have time on Wednesday to install, we'll see how the week goes. My to-do list is way too full.

Man the two little manuals included are huge (in terms of page count) - the Install and User Guide is fifty (admittedly tiny) pages long!

How are these device installed. Is part of it hardmounted to the sill?

Yes, via sticky tape. Here's a video that shows how it mounts. I would prefer another mount method, but we'll see how it goes.

I've had mine up since August and tape is holding fine. As a generic mount I believe they are good, although at some point I may custom design and 3D print ones that match my blinds/windows better. Thing is, they work so well they are almost invisible to me now so I keep forgetting.

I suggest NOT cutting the mounts unless you absolutely have to - I cut one and regret it as I worked out how to mount them easier on the next one.

1 Like

Good to know. I do wonder how it will hold up when it's been a year and more. I was thinking I might try a couple of short sheet-metal screws through it if the tape started getting loose...mine have a valence so the area is hidden.

I wish they came in brown. I emailed the manufacturer and they said brown didn't sell well. I wonder how well plastic paint would hold up on these..

I think. I say that because I had originally used the Zigbee generic dimmer driver as was suggested to me. It worked perfectly, and I THINK it would or could open "50%" or whatever. I only wanted open or closed so switched to bulb. I considered going back just in case or even to try, but I seem to recall it would. I know not definite but it's worth a try and easy to change if it doesn't.

I agree. My blinds are brown and although the white wand is barely noticeable, would prefer they match. I took mine down, painted and remounted them. They are still working great after several days and since we never touch them, I expect the paint to last. Time will tell.....

The next platform should support all commands natively

Have you heard anything on this from Mike? I exchanged messages a couple weeks ago on it, but haven't heard anything since then...mine is still in its box, been busy and also wanted to wait for the HE integration for my install.

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

1 Like

Funny, I had always assumed you were a blond... :wink:

Say no more, nudge-nudge, wink-wink.

2 Likes

Booyah!

Release 2.3.0:

• E-Wand Zigbee blind wand using Generic Zigbee Shade

1 Like

Thankyou @mike.maxwell & @rlithgow1 for this. Awesome sauce!

2 Likes

Agreed. :smiley:

I can't install mine until next week due to holiday activities, etc., so I'm dying to hear how things work from you lucky ones who already have yours set up.

Well??? :smiley:

2.3.0.110 now directly supports it