"Current Products" Zigbee e-wand - Driver Support?

@shane1 I sent one to him.... He should have it this coming week

4 Likes

Oh you absolute legend @rlithgow1 . Thanks for this - Iโ€™ve had no luck getting a result out of Current Products so far.

1 Like

Np, thought it was an interesting product. If it works I'll disassemble it and paint it brown for mine...

Hi @mike.maxwell - hoping you've received @rlithgow1 's package! Any idea how far down the list it is to look at?

Thanks,
Shane.

He got it.... Though with crunching the current beta, not sure what his timeline would be

Looks like there is now a Generic Zigbee Shade in latest update.

Iโ€™ll give this a go today.

1 Like

While it works... it doesn't seem to understand when the blinds are finished opening or closing.

Message is : "windowShade : opening" or "windowShade : closing"

Never finishes, and when I map this to Apple Home via Homebridge, it looks like this always:

IMG_1010

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shane.

Tagging @mike.maxwell

did you click configure after changing to this driver?

Thanks Mike. Yes. Just did it again - here are the debug logs from a configure press. There is also a scheduled open in here too.

I have one of these sent by a customer, I got it to include, but little else.
I haven't done the physical configuration yet.

Ok. Let me know if anything I can do to help.

Hello. I'm interested as well in a Hubitat driver for the E-Wand product. Any status updates?

Thanks,

Ron

I am also interested in this driver (mainly added to get any responses)

It will be in the next platform release, it won't make 2.2.9 unfortunately

2 Likes

OMG...just noticed this. And it has...wait for it...manual control!! The Holy Grail (for WAF in my house, anyway) has been found. :smiley: @shane1 - how well does the manual control at the wand work? And can you make small adjustments, or only open/close?

Manual Control

Unlike many other automated window motorization units, the E Wand has manual control features to maximize user ability. The E Wand can be controlled through a simple turn of the handle, or via the optional remote control. E Wand operation takes far less dexterity to operate than a standard manual twist wand, while the optional multi-channel remote heightens E Wand functionality and allows for the optimal control of difficult to reach blinds.

Manual control works really well. Short twist in direction, small movement. Long/hold, keeps moving.

Currently Hubitat doesnโ€™t recognise position change but hoping this is resolved by driver update - not too much of a concern as an open/close command resets it.

1 Like

Next platform version

3 Likes

Thanks for confirming. That's exactly what the wife has been asking for. What a surprise to run into these, hadn't heard of them at all.

Aside from getting a full-function driver from HE, any issues w/reliability or automating them in HE?

No problems with them. They are excellent.

I have rules setup in HE Rule Machine opening at sunrise and closing an hour before sunset. Works great.

1 Like