Crappy C5->C8 upgrade experience

Guess you could try removing the zigbee antenna to get even closer to the C5/C7 experience.

IIRC, HE staff said the external antennas are the only antennas on the C-8, so removing them would result in using a hub w/out any antenna. Did I misunderstand that? @bobbyD, can you confirm?

Yeah, thanks guys. I’m seriously thinking to bin all these battery motion sensors and move exclusively to powered microwave ones. I have one on test and it’s been working fine with the C8. The only issue is it’s definitely slower to respond that the Xiaomi’s used to be.

1 Like

I have to admit, I hate-hate-hate the battery dance. I am pinged too frequently about changing them, it's my #1 "yuck" factor on my smart home. What powered microwave sensor are you testing? Trading a little speed for never changing a battery again...very possible.

3 Likes

THB 3,639.54 | Tuya Smart Motion Sensor Zigbee WiFi Human Presence Sensor Fall Detection APP Alarm mmWave Radar Smart Linkage Light Detector
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrBTfAI

It’s not perfect. A bit slow. And I’m not getting anything like the stated ~9 meter range. But it’s not bad. And not having to worry about batteries is definitely a plus.

I’m thinking to stick a whole load of these in the ceilings. They are very unobtrusive which is nice from an aesthetic view. I never know where to put the normal battery motion sensors without them looking ugly balanced on shelves or stuck in the corners of rooms.

2 Likes

Same here, that's why I mostly purchase devices that use AA or AAA batteries and I buy battery eliminators for them and plug them in. The exception is door sensors that can't easily route power cords to. My indoor and outdoor motion sensors are plugged in, as well as some multi sensors.

1 Like

Something like that would work for me since I have access to an attic over most of the house.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.