Could never do a soft reboot: ERROR 401 is returned when using port 8081

Hello,

Could never do a soft reboot: ERROR 401 is returned when using port 8081. Soft reboot simply isn't an option for me... What can cause this?

error mesage: "Error: Request failed with status code 401"

So, how are you trying to perform a soft reboot?

That just means your login session expired. Logging out of the Diagnostic Tool, and back in should solve the problem. If that doesn't work, please PM and will further research.

6 Likes

Same. Never. Ever. Been able to get anything on the service menu to work. What is the trick?

I press logout/login...nothing happens.

Use the incognito/private function of your browser (or clear the history).

thanks...same result.

same here as well. login/logout does nothing from any browser/device nor in private mode...

Yeah I'm convinced it doesn't work. Also my habitat recently started reporting every node as failed, over and over and over, nothing has changed in the house sigh I'm moving shortly and will not be repeating this Z Wave Fantasy :frowning:

@8ph I was able to get it to work by changing to new VLAN/IP on the hub, It allowed me to login and soft reset finally.

I'm on the same VLAN/Subnet at my hub. This have never ever once worked for me. I'm just not finding that this device it as all stable or production ready. Since so many people seem to think it is, it is just probably me, HAHAHA!

Lol. Are you able to create a new VLAN and move the device to it? I have a Ubiquiti UniFi system and I just set switch port 7 to a separate VLAN with different IPs and manually unplugged the Hubitat and moved out from port 5 to port 7. (moved the HE from 10.1.1.54 to 10.10.10.22) and then was able access and reset.

Download the Hubitat app