Contact Sensors Stopped Working After Firmware Update

So everyone's going to ghost and stop responding no matter who I tag or how I ask to report this?

@aaiyar @bertabcd1234 @kahn-hubitat

Weird that I haven't seen anyone else on this forum report this issue. I don't have any other insight, nor do I know why you haven't received a response from staff.

I didn't see where you had submitted a trouble ticket, if you have not, I would encourage you to do so.

1 Like

Have you sent an email to support@hubitat.com?
@bobbyD

2 Likes

Is that what I should do at this point? I came here for advice originally. Just send an e-mail to support@hubitat.com and include this forum link to have someone take a closer look? I don't follow this forum regularly.

Yes, you should typically send this to support if you don't get an answer from the community. We are only users like you are, so we cannot do much other than to offer suggestions of what you might try from what we have seen here in this forum.

Support can do a lot more than we can, and I would suppose they also track incidents to see if there is a bug with certain devices or hub firmware.

2 Likes

Reporting back AGAIN. Still not fixed in the latest 2.2.7.126 firmware. As soon as I revert back to 2.2.3.148 all door sensors work again.

Why is it so difficult to get someone to look at this issue? I've tagged SEVERAL people, AND submitted a ticket as suggested. I've been trying for MONTHS to get some service on an issue broken when the ZWAVE updates were made to the firmware.

I'm getting ignored and the problem is not being fixed.

@aaiyar @bertabcd1234 @kahn-hubitat

That's not the latest firmware. Both of my Hubitats have been on 2.2.7.126 for ~2 weeks.

Want to add that I borrowed a Gen5 Aeotec door/window sensor, and it worked fine with whatever build of 2.2.5 was on my z-wave hubitat at the time.

So, while I'm unsure why your contact sensors aren't working, it is not because of an all-pervasive breaking change in platform 2.2.4 and later.

Did you open a support ticket?

1 Like

Yes there was a support ticket opened back in February with no traction. I just responded again today. This is 100% firmware related. Generic Zwave Contact Sensor driver being used. I also tried the "Zwave Plus" version in the latest firmware.

And I apologize, I meant the most recent 2.2.7.126 firmware is not fixed, either.

That is not a z-wave plus sensor; it will not work with a z-wave plus driver.

Give this community driver a shot, and see if it works. It is loaded on my system, so I may have used it and not the built-in driver:

2 Likes

OK. I'm on 2.2.7.126 again and I'll try that driver now and report back.

1 Like

Remember to click "Configure" after changing drivers.

1 Like

Yep. I'll be sure I do. Trying it now...

You're right, that driver DOES WORK on the latest firmware!!! THANK YOU! I had tried EVERY driver included in the Hubitat list and NONE worked except on firmware 2.2.3.148 (Generic Zwave Contact Sensor).

Is there no official Hubitat driver for this device? I find it odd that the 2.2.3.148 firmware uses the Generic Zwave Contact Sensor.....but any new firmware breaks the functionality completely for these devices using the same Generic Zwave Contact Sensor driver. Did they change/break something in the generic driver code?

1 Like

You should include that information when contacting support.

Also tagging @bcopeland

1 Like

Will do. THANK YOU AGAIN! I KNEW I WASN'T CRAZY!

1 Like

:eyes: I’ll check it out

4 Likes

I've looked back in the history of changes to this driver and don't see anything of significance that could have caused the issues you described.. So I'm going to need a little more information..

Can you enable debug on the device, then trigger the contact sensor and screenshot the logs of that event?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.