Contact Sensors Stopped Working After Firmware Update

Sometime after the last firmware update I noticed my Aeon Contact Sensor DSB29-ZWUS's stopped working. They no longer report open/close status, but battery life does work. I have 8 devices and none are working - they all light up and respond when the door is open/closed on the physical sensor, but the Hubitat doesn't recognize the door is open/closed.

It's using the Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor. These used to work perfectly prior to the update.

I've tried excluding/including the sensor (the pairing and excluding goes without a problem), but still not reporting correct open/close status.

Thoughts?

Do they start reporting contact status again if you revert back to the previous firmware using the Diagnostic Tool at port 8081?

I use the aeotec contact sensors and have had no problems, I would suggest switching the driver to the include driver from Hubitat.

Works fine for my devices.

I don't see or have a driver for this device in my dropdown menu? Is it one you have to add manually? When discovered it comes up as the Generic driver as well.

These are not Aeotec. They're Aeon.

Never tried downgrading firmware - just noticed it today. I tried a Zwave repair and also rebooted. No change. Oddly enough I see ONE out of my 8 are reporting correctly. Same driver and settings as the others.

maybe a mesh issue what does you zwave details page look like.

1 Like

Nothing out of the ordinary that I see? I've also done a Zwave repair thinking the same. No change.

that is your issue. you have all battery sensors and no hard wired devices to act as repeaters i believe..

2 Likes

you need a ac powered switch or device or repeater every 30 or see feet to help get the signal to the hub.. i have at least one sometimes more for redundance in each room. Build out from the hub first with hard wired devices then add battery powered motion and contact etc

1 Like

The sensors themselves are battery, yes. I have twice the amount of powered repeaters, however. No issues with any other devices EXCEPT these. They also always worked previously.

My network is built that way. Every switch in my house is ZWAVE and powered.

ok guess you did not show the entire zwave table then, and that portion happened to be all battery.

1 Like

It's quite large. Here's everything for ZWAVE.

FYI - you have one ghost device. Although that isn't the issue here.

1 Like

Device 15 is related to my Schlage lock. When I originally paired it it had an issue and then paired properly. I've never cared to unpair. It will not delete - I've posted a thread about it actually. Device 60 is from today - probably a bad pairing from these darn Aeon sensors I've been messing with today. I'll get rid of that one.

two ghost devices and a couple of those motion sensors 34 37 look kinda suspect like maybe they didnt pair correctly.

1 Like

Just fixed device 60. 15 is non-fixable unless I want to unpair my Schlage lock which is working perfectly. And those motion sensors are a cheap brand that don't work properly with any driver. I've given up on them and will eventually swap brands. They're paired properly. Everything on the list works except these sensors, which worked previously. Again, a generic brand.

if they are not working properly they could be spamming the network trying to report or something.. i would for now disable them in the hub and pull their batteries to see if that helps.

The motion sensors you mean? Done. Removed batteries from both. Also removed from Zwave network and ran a Zwave repair.