Combine Multiple Door / Window Sensors

Hello Hubitat Community,

I'm completely new to the Hubitat, but had home automation for quite some time.
This is my first post, so I hope I put this question where it belongs to.

I do have multiple Door / Window sensors, that show me if they are open or closed. As those are so many I do not want to show them all the dashboard, rather want a main group shown, that tells me if one of the doors / windows is open or not. When clicking on the icon, I want to see them all, to know which one.

I only found a group app (Group and Scenes) for lights / bulbs /switches, but it would not work for my sensors.
I also found in the forum someone that grouped temperature sensors, but this is not working for my sensors either.

Did one of you try that already?

Thank you very much in advance.
(Be easy on me, I'm NEW)

BR,
Matt

In terms of combining them, you may be interested in the Community developed Sensor Groups App.

The way you want to be able to click on the tile to see more detail may need some more thought, but something will likely be possible, either an overlayed link to another dashboard or an iFrame pop-up.

You may also be interested in Tile Builder, a very feature rich tool nowadays with regular updates.

1 Like

Hi Matt, with Tile Builder you can put all of the Door\Window Sensors into a single table of results that updates whenever the status of one of the member devices changes.

The Advanced version of Tile Builder also includes filtered views which is a little closer to what you were looking for.

open another door

All of the doors and windows are being monitored but only the open ones are presented.

The same type of filtered view can also be applied to other entities such as temperatures over 75F or batteries under 40% for example.

Neither of these is quite what you are asking for. I am\have given some thought to a show\hide approach but it does not do that today. I won't get into the weeds of why, but it's a non-trivial issue.

1 Like

Hello,
This community is great. What a fast and great response.
It took me some time but I think tile builder is working for me. Probably I will add a second dashboard to my main that shows the details.
I will update in here what I did with some pictures.
Thank you so much!
Matt