Cloud Backup

Not so concerned about the $30. More concerned that Iā€™m forced to the cloud for a backup. Vera had a full local backup 10 years ago.

Just make it local. Charge for the cloud redundancy for those that want it. If ā€œadvancedā€ users are confused by the backup scheme, then your current cloud subscribers likely just think they are storing the full local backup in the cloud too.

It just creates an irate customer who may not realize that even with a local backup, they may face literally days or weeks of time to actually restore their network.

To be clear, @csteele , you are saying that I can store a free C7 backup in the cloud say, weekly? If my C7 dies, I buy a C8, and use that cloud backup to restore both Zwave and Zigbee devices to the new C8 hub?

Even then, Iā€™m forced to the cloudā€¦which will be great until it isnā€™t. I sit in on a weekly cybersecurity provincial meeting as part of my IT role, and manage same for our org.

I am a huge fan of Hubitat and have been promoting it everywhere I post. This backup issue is a reality check.

1 Like

This topic has been covered at length when Hub Protect was released. Please check out this thread for more details:

4 Likes

Youā€™ve stated your opinion on this in a number of threads, and in at least one it has recieved an official answer (not going to change), so can we stop spamming this and move on?

15 Likes