Checking system resource consuption

Stupid question. If I think my C-7 hub is having performance issues, and want to check the resource consumption, both globally and by application, how might I go about doing that?

I've seen people post graphs and charts, but I can't find such things. Are they native, or must I add some 3rd partly application, the name of which I haven't guessed yet?

Thank you!

This driver will get you hub resource data:

Once you have it available, you can use some like:

Although a lot of folks have setup logging to an external system (infludb/Grafana, Splunk, Google Sheets) to handle the graphing.

For drivers and apps, the closest you can get is looking at the 'Device Stats' and 'App Stats' pages from the logging section.

4 Likes

There are some basic tools in the Logs tab. You should have App Stats and Device Stats in there. I turn on all columns within those to get a better picture of what is going on. They aren't in graph mode however.

Others use standalone programs to do the graphing. I don't use any of those so I can't make a recommendation there.

Okay, that sounds promising--thank you for the recomendation!

Can you help a fool out, a little more? I installed Hub Information Driver, and created an associated device, as directed in the documentation. So far so good.

Then I installed Quick Chart. According to HPM, it exists with its child applications. However, I see no way to access it through the GUI. No entry in "apps" and "devices", not option to add directly to a dashboard...
Where is it?

Thank you!!

You need to add it as a device.... Then when added to the dashboard you pick it's html attribute

A QuickCharts virtual device? Alright, I'll make one of those too.

Okay, so I now have eight new things on the hub:

• Hub Information Driver
  • Hub Information virtual device
  • Quick Chart application
  • Quick Chart Child application
  • Quick Chart Data Collector Child
  • Quick Chart driver
  • Quick Chart virtual device
  • Blank dashboard, intended for Quick Chart

But how in the name of humanity do I bolt this whole mess together? What exactly could I add to the dashboard in order to utilize Quick Chart, to finally see system resource utilization?

Expose the chart and the hub information virtual device to a dashboard then add the buttons to the dashboard using the HTML attribute available in each device.