Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Support [OUT OF DATE]

No. LSU School of Medicine.

I love NO. I go sometimes just for the food. Best in the USA I think.

1 Like

I was in Philla. when the first Veterans started dying from what was later discovered to be cases of Legionnaires. It's been a long road in ID since then. HIV was unknown and probably didn't even exist, outside of Africa.

1 Like

I guess today, the big threat is a microbiologist messing with kitchen CRISPR CAS9. : )

Great info. Thanks!

Glad you like the relays.

I wanted to stab mine before I ripped them out and sold them on FB marketplace.

Lights coming on randomly in the middle of the night is not my idea of fun and the dimmable smart bulbs I was using were always dropping off line. Appears the GE Link and Cree bulbs may be partly to blame for that but I still came to loathe the relays.

1 Like

Interesting the impact of where they are has. I’ve used mine for years, and never had a light go offline or come on uncommanded.

Home assistant MyQ just went down. Chamberlain made more API changes. I'm guessing might affect users here?

I haven't fixed my own myQ in Hubitat yet from the last API change. So I don't know just giving a heads up.

1 Like

Still works with @dman2306's ST port. Just tested it.

1 Like

Just to bring this thread back to MyQ, if anyone wants to take a chance on the viability of this solution, Amazon US has the hub on sale for $30.

I have a Liftmaster MyQ gateway, non homekit.

I'm willing to sell if anyone is interested? Likely a Canadian buyer may want it? I have no need for it.

Make me offer. A brand new one in Canada is $84.24.

I bought that same one used on ebay for $18.

Some side notes: the MyQ compatibility tool is poop. I have a chamberlain garage door opener. So naturally I try the tool and it says I have to their new product for $$$$. My garage being about 5 years old, I remember, was sold with a different hub than the one shown in the compatibility tool. MyQ doesn't sell the old hubs anymore so they won't tell you what your garage really compatible with. They will only show compatibility with their current products. Thanks MyQ.

I look up that older hub. It was super expensive but sold on Amazon. I read through the comments. The Chamberlain MyQ hub won't work anymore even though it is being sold on Amazon. Weird. But when you call to complain, they send you the Liftmaster hub shown in @mik3 's post. Even though it is a Liftmaster, it will work with Chamberlain. Odd!

MyQ is so weird.

Any recommended tilt sensors? I have mostly z-wave, but ok to use Zigbee (I think I might have 4-5 zigbee devices).
This one on Amazon is z-wave plus, sells for ~$35.

This works fantastic

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply - I have one of these on my front door, but didn't realize/pay attention that it had a tilt sensor as well. I placed my order.

1 Like

Just be sure you go into the device options and set the “use with garage door” option. I don’t recall exactly what the terminology is but it’s something along those lines (I’m away from home so I can’t double check). I know with the ST hub setup I had to delete the device and re-add it when I added the multipurpose sensor, not sure if that’s a needed step with HE.

I also followed recommendations on MyQ troubleshooting and set up a rule to refresh the tilt sensors state at some interval so the garage door open/closed indicator works more reliably. I can’t remember if that’s part of this thread or another

Sifting through this discussion, except for the price difference, it seems the Go Control Z-Wave system is a better solution than the Chamberlain. Easier implementation. Not cloud based so more secure which is important to me and the reason I went with Hubitat to start with. And I see nothing indicating there is any type of implementation problems with the Go Control as opposed to the Chamberlain. Is this an accurate analysis?

My time and security of the family would be worth the difference in the price if this is the case. Although I will need this solution X3 so that price difference will add up!

Longevity?

The Smartthings multi is half the price ($20) of the NYCE tilt sensor ($42).

I'm torn... I don't mind spending more for something that will stay connected and last.

Why don't you make your own locally controlled Garage Door opener?

It cost me ~$35 (Peanut plug, relay and sensor put together).

Thanks for the suggestion. I've ordered one Go Control for our most used door. I also ordered tilt switches for the other two doors just to keep track of them in the system. I was thinking I could add a dry contact relay and control those two with hubitat logic sometime in the future. But again I would like to stay with Z-Wave and would likely use this switch despite it's cost. Just seems a good solution with everything, including a manual button, in one package. https://www.amazon.com/Remotec-Zwave-Contact-Fixture-Module/dp/B00913ATFI/ref=sr_1_4?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9LjZ1qbT5QIV5x6tBh2ogQw_EAAYASAAEgLDSvD_BwE&hvadid=234007171409&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9027746&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=4942526173232079376&hvtargid=kwd-449854050877&hydadcr=8462_9619044&keywords=zwave+dry+contact+switch&qid=1572964849&sr=8-4