Centralite 3400 Keypad

Anyone know where to buy Centralite 3-Series Security Keypad 3400-G?

Amazon no longer has them. Ebay has only those with parts missing. I have not found anyone else who carries these.

YF

Consider the XHK1-UE Keyboard. Same function and device handler as the 3400 (not the G model), different and less expensive batteries. Available used on ebay.

The difference between 3400 and 3400-G: on G model simultaneously holding the two police button icons, initiates Panic mode. 3400 has A and B icons that do nothing.

1 Like

I picked up two of the Centralite 3400-G keypads. I am impressed so far with how sturdy they are and the fact that I can use Lock Manager to manage the codes.

I have few questions about the driver:

1. Is there a way to generate a sound when a door sensor open s and closes?
  2. What is the configure command for on the device config page?
  3. Can you increase the number of digits in the code from 4 to anything? I have not been successful setting it to a higher number. Not desirable, but just wonder about capability and execution.

YF

I have one of these 3400-G keypads. I am using the Nyckelharpa app, with the CentraliteX driver from his Github. It was working flawlessly until a few updates ago, when I lost the keypad beeps when entering the house (entry delay). Didn't worry about it too much until the keypad started acting funny about a week or so ago.

Last night I changed to the native Centralite keypad driver, but I can never arm/disarm the system properly.

Today I decided to delete all the Nyckelharpa stuff and attempt to use Lock Code Manager and HSM. I even deleted the keypad and repaired it, and gave it a new name.

Lock Code Manager does not pull the existing codes out of the keypad (using the request button), and when I go to set a code a new code, I don't see anything listed on the LCM page.

I reverted to my backup, but something isn't right. In summary, I am not getting entry delay tones, the system isn't arming properly (or at all), and Lock Code Manager doesn't work. I have removed all Nyckelharpa stuff and attempted to use HSM and LCM.

Any update on these? I had to go back to the Nyckelharpa CentraliteX driver for anything to work, but I am still not getting entry tones.

It's not you nor Arnie's code. There is a defect with the HE driver. Mike maxwell knows about it but hasn't gotten around to fixing it yet

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Good to hear. The Wife Acceptance Factor is starting to get lower...

I don't use lock code manager and my keypads and lock are working as expected.
I have the beep tone for arm/disarm etc.

I understand @mike.maxwell knows about it. Hopefully it will make the next release of Hubitat. I am happy with @arnb and his code.

Are you able to add codes and arm disarm the keypad from the driver page?, if not then you have a communication issue between the hub and the keypad.

I can use the device page to arm and disarm, send beeps, but nothing with codes. I hit the GetCodes button, and the SetCode button, and neither seem to do anything.

This is with BOTH the native Centralite driver as well as with CentraliteX driver provided by Arnie.

The Lock Code Manager app doesn't do anything, either. Arnie's Nyckelharpa User app works great.

I have a different problem with the 3400 keypad. Arming works fine when all doors/windows are closed. But when one of them is open when arming, then HSM notifies me by text and sound and does not arm the system, BUT my keypad still remains in armed mode, thinking the alarm is activated.
Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Any solutions?

I can confirm this issue. I noticed it while testing the Beta version of my Nyckelharpa app..

The Beta version resolves the issue you reported, and also allows

• using the Hubitat System keypad drivers
  • using Lock Code Manager Pins
  • Forced arming with the system keypad driver or Centralitex keypad driver
  • and more
2 Likes

Thnx for replying and sorry for my late respons (I haven't been able to put any time into my hubitat setup lately :frowning: ).
Anyway, I want to update to your latest beta version, to check if my issue with the keypad is resolved. What's the easiest way to do that? Just update the Nyckelharpa app-code and driver-code? Or do I have to uninstall everything and reinstall from scratch?

For the life of me, I can't seem to get Rule Machine to recognize the code entries on this thing. Logs show arm/disarm and code name, but rule machine does nothing. Been toying for months on this. Seems there's no custom attribute that really helps. Lastcode isn't what I need, and the "lock code" trigger in RM doesn't work. What are y'all using? Might need a different driver.

Hi all. I picked up 3400-G keypad a while back, although it's been sitting in my todo-box. Here's the idea I'm contemplating, now that I've moved to HE and added it with the default Centralite Keypad driver. Would love some thoughts as to if the following is possible

• 2 different codes configured, one for the poolguy to open the sidegate (maglock in place already) and one to open the garage (switch already in place). It goes without saying that the keypad would be mounted in a weatherproof enclosure.

• I understand the keypad is basically a toggle between disarmed and 3 different arming states. I don't really have a need for those for this application, thus I'm wondering if it's possible to automatically re-arm the keypad after a period of time? It looks like there's a command for arming each of the states.

• Hoping to trigger a piston in Webcore by the disarming event in Webcore and being able to read by which code/user it was disarmed. Then do something (like triggering the maglock on the gate), and then re-arming the keypad a few seconds thereafter.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Where do y'all "pick these up"? As far as Google tells me, these aren't available for purchase anywhere on the globe...and neither is the Iris keypads that are supported by Hubitat. Amazon.com currently has one (and only one) Centralite 3400-X, but that one isn't listed as supported in the Hubitat docs (SecurityKeypads - Hubitat Documentation).

Any ideas?

Could you use an alternative keypad like the Ring Keypad 2nd Gen?

It is in the list of compatible devices..

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=List_of_Compatible_Devices

Oh! I guess the documentation page I linked is outdated. Thanks for the tip! However, the Ring keypad requires C7, which I don't have. My C5 works great and it seems wasteful to toss it just because I need a keypad...

At least it seems like the Centralite 3400-X is also supported, which is good because it seems to be possible to get a used one of those at least.

Of course what you really need to do is go to a multi-hub configuration!

C-5 for Zigbee and maybe network stuff..
C-7 for Z-Wave.

:wink:

(I have 3 hubs - a C-7 for Z-Wave, a C-5 for network/cloud apps and a C-5 for Zigbee devices)

Of course you could also do it by location and spread out the area of effect of your setup + reduce overhead!

Soo many excellent ways to spend far too much money and time!

:rofl: