Cartoons (& Memes & Weird Funny Stuff) of Hubitat

Maybe over the 4th of July weekend I should start cleaning up the network racks:

10 Likes

I resemble that remark.

1 Like

Proud dad of an US Army officer. He says that why precision ground to air comms is critical when the Air Force is providing air support for his troops on the ground, :joy:.

1 Like

If I had to go install into something like that I'd probably have a stroke.

Fiber attach SAN I did many years ago.

4 Likes

A little more recent - left, IBM Power8, Right, IBM FlashSystem

4 Likes

I'm cleaning up several server closets and rooms right now on client sites (I'm a network engineer) .... Not happy...

1 Like

That was then migrated to this Power9 and a 2U FlashSystem. This will probably get replaced Q1 2024.

1 Like

I recently completed a SAN Fabric migration from 9513's to 9396 and 9250 (FCIP) for a client. Thankfully, I was remote only and IBM did all the physical in one of their NY Colo.

First time I can ever recall having to actually do a switch reload (per TAC) to fix an issue (FCIP tunnels would not come up). This was after upgrading the NXOS. Project I took over from a coworker that got let go. Ugh. What a dumpster fire that one was.

I also do Brocade fabrics, IBM Power and Storage.

Said coworker also left me with an in-flight Brocade migration that was a trainwreck as well.

To give you an idea about when I last had my hands on an ibm, it was a 3090 :rofl:

1 Like

This one? :wink:

4 Likes

Sorry corrected. 3090... I hate typing on phones

1 Like

When I did some consulting work for Comcast out in their NJ head we were redoing the entire network rack for audio / video / cable box management networks. We weren't allowed to take photo's of the finished product because back then that was considered the "Family Jewels" of their service. Our location won a award for the quality of work that went into the layout of the racks, the coloring and cable management, and efficient use of space. I hated cutting over 5k custom cables and they weren't just Ethernet, audio, video, microphones everthing was patchable to the equipment. The entire studio complex also was 100% software controlled for A/V.

At my age today I don't think I would ever survive a project of that size again.

2 Likes

ES/9000 for me, around 1992.

2 Likes

Very much the same base hardware as the original AS/400 models (Est 1988) until the RS/6000 and AS/400 merged to a common (PowerPC) hardware platform in 2008. IBM used those book style cards across many platforms. I seem to recall the ZIF cards were used in some models as well.

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

My kids love listening to a podcast that retells the original versions of Grimm’s fairy tales.

Those two brothers were real sick :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:.

Even worse than @rlithgow1 :smiling_imp:.

5 Likes

Debatable :wink:

6 Likes

Podcast name? I'd like to check it out.

1 Like

In German?