Canada Black Friday deals 2019

FWIW, Lowes had a liquidation sale for their Philips Hue products a few weeks ago.

I first learned of it on RedFlagDeals. Long story short, many people (including myself) had their online orders cancelled. The stock was depleted by walk-in purchasers before many online orders could be fulfilled. It would be an understatement to say online shoppers were disappointed.

During the sale, I went to my local Best Buy and they, bless their hearts, price-matched Lowes. The trip was well worth my time. The Hue starter kit with 2 bulbs (white) cost $20. Three extra white A19 bulbs at $5 each and a dimmer switch for $7. It was all the eligible stock they had available (apparently someone had arrived earlier in the day and almost cleaned them out). Anyway, it's all installed in a relative's home and they're very pleased with their new, scheduled lighting.

2 Likes

Not any longer... now $61.98.... BOOHOO!

Ya know what they say about snoozing! :frowning:

Even though Axis gear blinds were on sale on Black friday they were not at their lowest price until today (well matching their lowest price from last year).
Amazon has a $100 off coupon on now
So only $249 Canadian.
I bought one last year and just bought a second.

They are a bit of a pain to setup I had to change my blinds string cord to a beaded cord.
But customer support is great.

Noticed a lot of things were a better sale before and now after black Friday.

2 Likes

Stopped into Lowe’s to see what the deals were. This particular Lowe’s smart home selection is a bit sad. Consists mostly of endcaps that are poorly maintained, but I came across these.

I don’t even have any fixtures in my house that take BR30. So I picked up two, scanned them at the register, and they came up as $3 CAD. I went back and picked up four more. :laughing:

[Teaser]

I found something very good about these bulbs. I wonder if they have any more at that price? :thinking::shushing_face:

Ok hoarder. What's so good about these bulbs? Spill the bean! :crazy_face:

Almost ready. I have a busy day. I’ll post something soon. Probably tonight. :wink:

I smell a battery operated switch :smile:

1 Like

Very close. 30mA too much for battery though :wink:

Suggestion: Offer a Boxing Day Sale for Canadians.

Just take the current price, $74.95 USD, and offer it at $74.95 CAD for one day only (~$57 USD).

For all non-Canucks, Boxing Day is traditionally the day after Christmas when retailers offer deep discounts. We now also have Black Friday sales as well (and both events usually last longer than a single day).

1 Like

You need to tag Hubitat for these suggestions or they may not see it.

@bravenel

So I’m in Lowe’s to grab more of thise Sengled BR30s, because they’re really hackable (working on the post, just had to confirm a few things) and I find these is a bin marked $1.35

Ok, there’s a lot of other junk in the bin, so ask at the register how much they are. She checks the code on the bin and rings them up at $1.39 each! They work too! :rofl:

I also find five boxes of these...

She rings them up... $5 each! :smiley:

Not just a HA addict. You are also a bin diver! I would too for the Hue bulbs at that price though.

1 Like

Amazon.ca is having a lightning deal on Wyze cam V2 for $32.25 you can only buy one and only 6 hours left! Threatening all the impulse buyers :joy:

1 Like

How much were they before? Because I thought that was the price they were all along

Usually $41.

So, for those who are interested, the new Echo Show 8 is now on sale at amazon.ca for $89CD. Considering that at .com it's $99US, this is a bargain!

1 Like