Osram Sylvania Smart+ Lightify

The newer ones won’t say Osram or Lightify anywhere. Smart+ is usually printed on them. If I am remembering correctly, the chip isn’t even made by the same company, so I would think it unlikely that the firmwares would be interchangeable.

Box is thrown away, and the lights are recessed in the ceiling. Possibly I could go in the attic if I knew where to look.

I bought an even number but I have an odd number installed, and I recall having a spare... so I should have a box around here somewhere. But I can't seem to find it (and my smart home spares are all stored in one space)

Finally found other people having Sylvania Smart+ issues. Sylvania Support has no answers. I have the Smart+ Bluetooth LED Strips connected to Google Home. They are very unreliable and almost every day stop responding and I have to reset them back to defaults. When I do this, I have to launch Sylvania Smart+ App, select the light, and then it downloads the firmware needed again for Google home. Very time consuming. Then I go into Google Home app and it detects the lights and I set them up. They work for awhile and then stop working again.

I'd like to know what device these bluetooth lights are actually pairing to? The only Google devices I have in my house are Nest WiFi points, and when I go into the settings of each, I don't see any bluetooth devices paired to them. I also have Nest Cams and Nest Protects but doubt they would pair to them.

So how do these bluetooth lights actually pair to a device to then get internet access? What device are they actually paired with on my network?

If I can't get a resolution, I'm going to just replace the controllers with some wifi controllers for these light strips.

I assume someone should be able to tell you based on available firmware versions. Mine are all the old ones.

01020492 are my Gardenspots

The CT bulbs I don’t remember what the FW version was, and they are now paired to my second HE hub, but it doesn’t show the version with the generic driver.

I thought that was Osram firmware👍🏻
My gardenspots are 00102201 or something close to that.

1 Like

Huh. Well I'm not sure I understand how they label firmware for their devices. All the OSRAM devices get the same firmware, regardless of type? Mine are the old ones. Someone here (maybe it was you) explained to me that the old style box I showed was the older SOC type.

Here's what I see in the app.

My Gardenspots are the newer ones. They are supposed to update to 00102428 like all Smart+ devices according to Ledvance, but I haven’t had time to deal with them. The Osram firmware have one 0 at the beginning.

1 Like

Better get that updated soon. You never know. They might shut it down early now. :mask:

1 Like

The Bluetooth on your phone. Not real reliable because your phone goes with you.

From what I understand, it’s Osram that’s shuttering the cloud service that they didn’t sell with the lighting division. Nothing to do with Ledvance.

2 Likes

Ah, OK. I didn't understand that relationship. Has always confused me with seeing both OSRAM and Sylvania together with the Lightify name. And then the Centralite line mixed in too.

1 Like

The best part :wink: is that they kept the same model numbers, but they are completely different bulbs with different zigbee components and manufacturers.

2 Likes

I thought it may be Bluetooth on my phone too. But I can turn both bluetooth and wifi off, on the phone, and still control the light strips with either Nest WiFi point, or my phone while home or away. I can even turn off the phone and my Nest WiFi points can still interact with the lights by telling Google to control them. So they must be connected somehow.

1 Like

Sorry. I don’t have any google devices or Bluetooth smarthome devices. The Sylvania app doesn’t give any clues?

Yes. That makes sense. Nest WiFi has Bluetooth.

So that's one of my questions. Everyone says their gardenspots got up to this version. My mine showed 01020205 and the Lightify gateway said there was no upgrade for them.

what is the FCC ID of your gardenspots? If it's "IQ Home" those are the original ones which were not great for me. PS-all the bulbs with issues had the same SOC in them and same FCC ID

Is there a way to verify this without pulling the recessed bulb?

unfortunately, none I'm aware of. Possibly by the UPC code, and much googling, although many vendors mix up the UPC's. My hat's came in a brown unmarked box. My last set of br30 bulbs, came in a retail box and the box had the FCC ID on it

Just for you I put one of the Osrams on the hub. This is from the device page and it gives up the manufacturer.

They otherwise appear identical without pulling them down.