Can someone point me in the right direction HUBITAT-->HOOBS(on a pi)-->HomeKit

I have setup my hubitat elevation. I also put HOOBS on a raspberry pi. My understanding is that you need HOOBS or similar to talk to HomeKit. I sifted through alot of posts on this and it seems like alot of peoples directions are for putting HomeBridge on a NAS or similar.

I wanna put all my devices on Hubitat and then use Hoobs to talk to HomeKit correct?

What do I need to put on Hubitat and what do I need to put on Hoobs?

Can someone link the directions or talk me through what needs to be on both?

I'm sure this has come up on here several times but i'm a noobs

thx in advance

Use one of these two integrations on Hubitat, and follow the instructions that come with the integration you choose:

2 Likes

thx for the response. I understand these are directions for "Homebridge" but i'm using Hoobs. Are these directions the same for Hoobs?

HomeBridge is the tool to port data from Hubitat to HomeKit, so that you can control the devices on your Apple.

i understand this, I'm using Hoobs and i think the platform looks a little different than homebridge correct or no?

Hoobs just has a different interface - you will still need to install either Hubitat plugin as @aaiyar mentioned.. With the maker plugin on the Hubitat side you would need to install a new instance of Maker API and use that info to configure the HOOBs plugin. If using Tonesto's you need to install the related app on HE as well as the plugin in HOOBs. You can use the community package manager app for that or do it manually...

Or am I not understanding what you need?

1 Like

Think of Hoobs as a fork of HomeBridge. The integration on the Hubitat side is exactly the same.

2 Likes

This is my setup:

I started by installing and configuring Homebridge v2 in Hubitat (mentioned by @aaiyar).

Then On the Hoobs side, go to the plug-ins area and search for Hubitat Tonesto7 and… that’s it.

I also bought a HomePod mini to work as my home hub (I don’t use it for anything else).

It is running for several months now without a glitch. Best thing ever.

3 Likes

I had it running no problem, decided to switch to android and now i came back after 6 months, got my iphone and turn on my hoobs, update it and now trying to pair it with hubitat its a problem, cant do it, do you know how can i set it up again??

Which Hubitat integration were you using?

If it was @dan.t's MakerAPI-based version, then start here:

If it was @tonesto7's then start here:

I use the tonesto7 follow up all the steps as i did before and i'am not able to add the hoob in my homekit phone app, weird.

Update, i did reset the hoobs and started over, installed the tonesto7 pluging and did the same over the hubitat hub (homebridge v2) applied the changes necessary and still no link between the hoobs and the phone ;(

Make sure your phone is on the same IP network as the computer running HOOBS (or Homebridge).

1 Like

But the devices are showing up and are controllable in HOOBs itself? If so then the HE link HOOBs is good. Do you have a firewall on your server? Make sure UDP port 5353 is allowed for mDNS.. Also in the Hoobs settings try changing your "mDNS advertiser". I am using "Ciao" but there are other options like Bonjour and Avahi.

also make sure everything is updated.. but assume you already did that early in the game.