C8 ZWave dead to the world

Where? I see a lot of people saying the Z-Wave on the C-8 works better than any other prior hubs, myself included.

A warranty claim will go directly to @bobbyD AND get a more prioritized response than on the forums. Since it sounds like you mostly know what you are doing and you are able to include the same devices on other hubs without issues I assume you have a hardware issue. The only other thing I could think of is if you have the Z-Wave radio disabled on the C-8, and somehow have not noticed this on the details page?

3 Likes

I guess I just hate defeat, I have toggled it reset it...she's active

You could also check the Logs > Location Events and Hub Events tabs to see if there are any Z-Wave Crashed log messages. If it is crashing constantly, another sign of hardware issues when you have no devices included yet.

1 Like

Sorry for double post...
Forgot about ONE thing that effects ONLY the C-8.
How is the hub powered? If its PoE (with splitter), switch to a regular supply block.

It is detailed in this pinned post: ‼ READ FIRST - Before Posting in Get Help

2 Likes

This was also one of my final things I wanted to try...I just need to find the box with my brick in it. It is PoE powered

1 Like

That's the problem, guaranteed.

Known issue with the C-8 and typically only with Unifi PoE switches. Impact is most noticeable on the Z-Wave radio. People have reported other issues as well.
No one knows why, guessing it is some sort of interference on the power line, or possibly underpowering the hub. Usually works fine with other PoE sources.

You can use ANY 1a power block, like an old phone charger.

7 Likes

Problem solved just added about 5 devices in short order.

1 Like

Quick follow up, the C8 is working very well, and thus far impressed with the zooz 800 series switches. The hubs overall range is really impressive.

2 Likes

Happy endings are the best and Jeff is an ace troubleshooter (as you probably noticed). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Be sure to check this out for the switches. I hear it works pretty good :wink:

2 Likes

I got a tub of new zooz stuff to install in my new place...this will come in handy..I am checking it out now ~ Thank you

1 Like

I have an advanced driver for almost all of their products (working on it). So be sure to check them all out if you want to unlock all the settings!

3 Likes

Only have a few dimmers and switches up so far, and a temp/humidity sensor. I was a big fan of the GE enbrighten Zigbee switches but they are costly, so now I use them strategically to build my zigbee mesh

I thought these had gone the way of the Passenger Pigeon...they are still being sold? Or do you have a stash? :slight_smile:

Oh, and Inovelli has Zigbee switches. :slight_smile:

These are the newer ones...not the green Jasco original ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Enbrighten-QuickFit-SimpleWire-Directly-43080/dp/B08428GDS8/ref=sr_1_1?crid=RIHUR04CW52F&keywords=ge+enbrighten+zigbee&qid=1701146117&sprefix=ge+enbrighten+zigbee%2Caps%2C83&sr=8-1

Allot nicer than the originals, smaller form factor overall...been rock solid

1 Like

Cool...for some reason I thought they were gone.

I'm 100% GE Enbrighten/UltraPro Z-Wave dimmers (and a few switches). Like their products very much.

I like them as well, I had a few die on me older Zwave ones. I am really curious about the 800 LR stuff although not officially supported by hubitat so far so good...but its only been a day lol

Same...IIRC all of them were replaced by GE under their extended warrranty, so I came out OK w/the few that failed. One of our members (@JasonJoel) has been waiting (somewhat unpatiently :wink: ) for HE to add LR support. He's been playing in advance w/LR with other gear.

Not LR, but I buried an Ecolink contact sensor in the plastic gate control box way out by the driveway entrance and it's been working great with the C-8, knock on wood. Definitely more Z-Wave range than the C-7. It surpasses Zigbee in range as well, (I tried that out there as well).

I'm 100% GE Enbrighten/Jasco Z-Wave switches (and a few dimmers). Like their products very much.