British spelling.

2 Likes

Victor had me update to the latest firmware.
After, I was able to do a reset on the zigbee radio and the radio started working again.
It is also suggested to set the power back to "8" for now.

I will add that I had reverted back to the C7. Have a working C8, just not using it yet.

1 Like

not according to any actual dictionaries.. ie webster etc.

From the OED

1 Like

ok here is webster and Cambridge

Summary

1 Like

@support_team

Just saw your "Incident" announcement post about the ZB issues -- thanks!

I had some inclusion-related zigbee issues around the time of my migration, and although I seem to have resolved the glaring issues by doing endless device/hub/radio resets, pairing attempts, shaking chicken bones & incantations etc, I still suspect things are shaky under the surface right now.

But I can't currently point to a concrete issue to troubleshoot. Anyway, I guess my point here is that although I don't have something solid enough here to file a case, I'm definitely eagerly following efforts to resolve whatever is going on.

Many thanks to you and the team for working on it!!

3 Likes

You were faster than me. My OED subscription was renewed 2 days ago and for some reason I can't log in. They do a great job with dictionaries but they really really don't have this e-commerce thing down.

1 Like

@Ken_Fraleigh Honestly the only dictionary that matters is the OED. The rest are wanna-bees.

But we are slightly off topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Updates will likely be provided in the Beta channel, first, so if you are not enrolled in the Beta and have issues with Zigbee devices post migration, you can send a private message to @support_team and we will enroll the hub temporarily so that users can be on the fastest track to recovery.

2 Likes

I am have a similar issue. I migrated from C7 to C8 hub a week ago. I have been updating the firmware whenever there were updates. Everything seemed to be working fine until last night.
I tried pairing some new Third Reality Zigbee SmartPlugs model 3RSP02028BZ with power monitoring capability. I have previously used Third Reality model 3RSP019BZ without the power cluster with no issue. The new plugs are supposed to be Zigbee 3.0 certified, so they should not be an issue, but I unpluged them as that was the last thing changed.

My Zigbee network went down last night, but I did not realize it until this morning.
First I tried rebooting the Zigbee radio; but was not successful.
Then I tried a soft reboot of the Hubitat hub; no success there, either.
I then shut down the hub from the UI, and once the hub was offline, I unplugged the power for 30 seconds before turning back on. That did not help.

I now find that the Zigbee radio has changed both the power level and the channel. I was operating on channel 20 at a power of 16 (reduced from the initial 20 level after migration). Now it is showing the radio is on channel 11 ( which will conflict with my WiFI) and the power is now 12. I have tried to revert the channel to 20 and the power to 16, but it does not change.
The Zigbee radio is stuck in the Initializing phase and no Pan ID or Extended Pan ID is shown.

Zigbee Network State
Pan ID:
Extended Pan ID: 0000000000000000
Zigbee Status:

Enabled
Update Reboot
Zigbee Channel and Power
Changing the Zigbee channel will take some time for the devices to find the new channel. Please be patient, it could take up to 24 hours (or longer) for some devices to update.
Current channel: 0x (0)

Current power level: 12

Update channel/power level

I am at a loss of what to try next. I could try to go back to the C7 hub. I still have some online backups of that hub available.

I will try to PM support with my hub ID.

Hi.
I updated mine to newer firmware, and migrated again last night. So far all seem to be working. I do seem to be on the Beta channel for my C8 Device.

Also, see this post:

--john

I just updated my firmware to version .109, After the system rebooted, I enabled my Zigbee radio and rebooted the radio. The radio came back to the original channel 20 with a power of 12, which is what I wanted. There is now a Pan ID and Extended Pan ID. I rebuilt the network and it now appears my Zigbee network is back online. I will continue to monitor.

2 Likes

Updated my firmware to version .109, System rebooted radio. The radio came back to the original channel 20 with a power of 16. But my C8 Zigbee stuck in Rebooting and go OFFLINE. The only way to restored, is to do RESET of Zigbee radio after that everything go back to work, And I need to reincluded everything (because of reset).

If you RESET the Zigbee radio, all settings are lost and you have to reconnect everything. I just did a REBUILD of the Zigbee mesh rather than a full RESET, so the device settings were not lost. Fortunately, that restored my system; but I do not know if that would have worked for you. A RESET should be done only when you have tried everything else.

+1 on this. Zigbee unstable after updating to firmware 2.3.5.123. I do not recall the original Zigbee network settings, but I am pretty sure it was not the settings being reported in this forum post of channel 11, power 16, which I currently find set on mine as well.

for the second time, I had to reboot the Hub through the GUI to restore the network. After rebooting, I see my network has updated to ch20 power 16. Not sure if this is original, but it is different than when it is booting up.

Defaults are for power only (and the default is supposed to be 16), my understanding was that the C8 would follow the channel set on the original hub.

My hub is running on .123 firmware and both Z-wave and Zigbee are stable using Channel 20 and a power of 12. Both have been stable since I installed .111 if my memory is correct. I have located my hub in an ideal position and I have lot of Z-wave and Zigbee repeaters. Most of my Z-wave connections are direct with the hub. The Zigbee paths go through repeaters.

The correct Zigbee channel to use depends upon which 2.4 gHz WiFi frequencies are being used by your router and near neighbors. For me Channel 20 works, for others, that might not be ideal.

As for power, if your Zigbee is unstable at a setting of 16, try reducing it. At 16, the devices might try to connect directly with the hub rather than through the repeater network. That is why I dropped mine to 12, which is still more than the setting of 8 on the C7 hub.

1 Like

My hub running .123 firmware. Have had no problems with Zigbee since the resolve of this original post on March 11'th. As noted, the channel# should be configured to reduce or minimize interference with WIFI channels that overlap with Zigbee channels.
I am currently running ch20 and a power of 16.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.