Hi.
I updated mine to newer firmware, and migrated again last night. So far all seem to be working. I do seem to be on the Beta channel for my C8 Device.

Also, see this post:

--john

I just updated my firmware to version .109, After the system rebooted, I enabled my Zigbee radio and rebooted the radio. The radio came back to the original channel 20 with a power of 12, which is what I wanted. There is now a Pan ID and Extended Pan ID. I rebuilt the network and it now appears my Zigbee network is back online. I will continue to monitor.

2 Likes

Updated my firmware to version .109, System rebooted radio. The radio came back to the original channel 20 with a power of 16. But my C8 Zigbee stuck in Rebooting and go OFFLINE. The only way to restored, is to do RESET of Zigbee radio after that everything go back to work, And I need to reincluded everything (because of reset).

If you RESET the Zigbee radio, all settings are lost and you have to reconnect everything. I just did a REBUILD of the Zigbee mesh rather than a full RESET, so the device settings were not lost. Fortunately, that restored my system; but I do not know if that would have worked for you. A RESET should be done only when you have tried everything else.

+1 on this. Zigbee unstable after updating to firmware 2.3.5.123. I do not recall the original Zigbee network settings, but I am pretty sure it was not the settings being reported in this forum post of channel 11, power 16, which I currently find set on mine as well.

for the second time, I had to reboot the Hub through the GUI to restore the network. After rebooting, I see my network has updated to ch20 power 16. Not sure if this is original, but it is different than when it is booting up.

Defaults are for power only (and the default is supposed to be 16), my understanding was that the C8 would follow the channel set on the original hub.

My hub is running on .123 firmware and both Z-wave and Zigbee are stable using Channel 20 and a power of 12. Both have been stable since I installed .111 if my memory is correct. I have located my hub in an ideal position and I have lot of Z-wave and Zigbee repeaters. Most of my Z-wave connections are direct with the hub. The Zigbee paths go through repeaters.

The correct Zigbee channel to use depends upon which 2.4 gHz WiFi frequencies are being used by your router and near neighbors. For me Channel 20 works, for others, that might not be ideal.

As for power, if your Zigbee is unstable at a setting of 16, try reducing it. At 16, the devices might try to connect directly with the hub rather than through the repeater network. That is why I dropped mine to 12, which is still more than the setting of 8 on the C7 hub.

1 Like

My hub running .123 firmware. Have had no problems with Zigbee since the resolve of this original post on March 11'th. As noted, the channel# should be configured to reduce or minimize interference with WIFI channels that overlap with Zigbee channels.
I am currently running ch20 and a power of 16.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.