C8 pro, another new hub? I'm confused

Looks like they need to update the matter tick for the C-7, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Edit - I was.... That is coming....

2 Likes

C7 Matter support is still in beta, I think?

4 Likes

Ah, yes, my bad...

1 Like

I think that's a pretty open secret at this point :sweat_smile: And I think 2.3.8 will drop pretty soon here (no insider info - just my own hunch).

2 Likes

Lol. I thought the same thing, and was reminded the same. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, Bruce talked about it here...

Phew...

6 Likes

I like the idea of the memory and speed improvement as I think it would help my install. The question I have is there a free migration from the C-8 hub to the C-8 Pro hub? I don't want to have to include all of my Zigbee and Zwave devices again.

I don't know details, but we should know more when 2.3.8 drops (which I expect will be sometime soon [just my own hunch]).

Yes

3 Likes

THAT is exactly what I was talking about.

Eating crow again.

1 Like

My C-8 Pro is online and registered. To migrate from a C-8 do I just restore the last C-8 backup to the Pro and then wipe the C8?

Cloud backup with radio data

3 Likes

For those wah wahing here about not being told about the C8 Pro getting released let me remind the many.... just a couple weeks ago a couple threads pointed that there was a FCC page about the new hub... so its wasn't exactly NEW and just popped up over night....

7 Likes

That was easy.

• First I signed up for Hub Protect.
  • Removed the C8 from the hub mesh to be safe.
  • Shut down the C8 radios.
  • I had to do the cloud restore twice, but it took the 2nd time.
  • The Pro was now up and running so I shut down the C8.
  • The Alexa app needed to be touched to get it to respond on the Pro. Alexa is now controlling everything I've tried so far.

Let's see how it goes. Hopefully the low memory alerts are a thing of the past. First observations:

• I don't think it's my imagination - the screens seem a lot quicker to respond.
  • The 2x speed reboots are a big plus.

Nice work guys!

6 Likes

Also unplug is recommened, IIRC.

And just to confirm, you were on the beta w/your existing C8, right?

Unplugged. Good tip.

The beta? I got the 2x C8s "off the shelf" so probably just a normal customer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, not normal. You have to few hubs... :rofl:

4 Likes

Good catch, I'll get him to an invite to the meetings. :wink:

2 Likes

Crazy -- the new Hub is here already...I'm not ready!

S.

4 Likes

Yep, mine just arrived - was supposed to come tomorrow, but here it is!

4 Likes