C8 pro, another new hub? I'm confused

Just got an email from Hubitat advertising a new C8 pro. Is this actually a new product, or is it referring to the existing C8 in a rebranding. If it';s new I'm kinda not happy that I got a C8. Had I known I'd have waited. Maybe this is the solution to memory issues?

3 Likes

Same question here

Same here. What makes it pro?

Agreed, watching. It'd be nice if there were a comparison on their site between the models.

1 Like

More RAM, faster CPU.

The price tag is different

2 Likes

Just guessing, better cpu and memory since they have those two boxes out front? Don't know if I ever say what those were on the C-8? Agree it is a bad launch that they are not clear what you get for the additional cost.

The C8 hub has been around for about a year now. Not exactly a bait and switch.

1 Like

So we are all amateur's now that a Pro is in the mix? :smiley:

6 Likes

C8 vs C8 Pro:

1GB RAM > 2GB RAM
CPU twice as fast

3 Likes

No. It is twice as much RAM. The CPU in the C8 is 1.5 GHz. And 2 GHz in the C8Pro.

3 Likes

I don't have inside knowledge anymore, but if I wanted to improve the GUI in the ways so many are asking for, I would first need a more capable hub to do that. Food for thought.

4 Likes

CPU in C8-Pro is faster and has had some special tuning. Supposed to be twice as fast as C8.

2 Likes

It is starting to sound like a Star Wars droid. C8p

3 Likes

Where did you read that?

Comments from an HE staffer, not in public topics.

Not good form. Should show evidence via graphs or some type of real world comparison, in my opinion. If you don't have evidence to present, then just say "Faster CPU".

3 Likes

No need to jump on me, I'm just sharing what I heard. More here on that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

C8 reboot time ~2:20
C8 Pro reboot time ~1:15

16 Likes

lol. Not bad form on your part. You misunderstood me.

1 Like