C8 Migration from C7

if i have zwave gosht devices, will those migrate? or is there way to get rid of them ?

Can you post the native one? Easier for me to read

But shortcuts on our phones to specific dashboards will need to be updated. I have the cloud shortcuts on our phones for some specific use cases

A smart grill?

Correct any saved pages to cloud urls will need to be updated. But once in the dashboard links to other dashboard using dashboard link should work. Ie. Mine didn't work at first after my hub upgrade but do now.

Sort of. I have a Green Egg with a Fireboard2 Pro. Using the driver from snell talked about here:

Just messaged him and he sent me a link to his Github. Using his driver, some hub variables, and some rules in RM, I get house(voice) and app notifications when the grill is at temp, when it's time to flip, when the cook is done, and if the grill temp gets too high or too low. I use a dashboard for changing the settings and turning the monitoring on/off.

Green Egg Dashboard

3 Likes

Nice. I see that version of FireBoard can use a type K thermocouple. I've been looking for a thermocouple setup for my wood stove. I understand Arduino, or whatever, can be used, but it's out of my league, for now anyway.

Yes, that is the reason I got the Fireboard. I like to do high temp cooks (~1000F) for pizzas, and low and slow as well. This covers the range, and being a metrologist, I take my TC's in and calibrate them properly.

No - an icepoint ISN'T a proper calibration. MOST TC's have errors throughout their range that get made worse with an ice point offset. So, I know the errors at any point between Ice and 2000 F and adjust my temps accordingly if needed. The worst I have seen with Fireboard probes is 3 deg F. But others have been FAR worse

I just have see nothing before with a type K thermocouple that has the possibility of interfacing with Hubitat.

i believe wireless tags have a k type .. i have one and tried it with my hot tub before using ecowitt but outdoors in cold weather it kept dropping of the mesh..

1 Like

I did this and got the email confirmation that my Protect had been transferred. Should the new C8 be making cloud backups? I don't see any evidence of that, just locals. Also the C8 doesn't show the protect being active, but the C5 still shows it active there.

check my.hubitat.com and then click subscriptions. If it's on but you don't see the cloud backup controls in settings>>backup and restore, reboot your hub.

Thanks for the link.

The thermocouple on the linked page is only good to 752F. Must be a lame assembly. I installed a K-type thermocouple years ago in the exhaust pipe of my VW TDI Beetle and that went over 752F, for sure (best as I remember).

I didn't delve into it any further. How does it link to Hubitat?

It still says Add Hub Protect for the C8. The C5 still shows active. Hub has been rebooted several times since this was supposedly transferred.

I've been getting 'cloud connection unavailable' last couple of days when I click on the alert icon. That knocked out my cloud backups.

A lot of times this is a DNS issue. Is your C8 set up for DHCP or static IP?

1 Like

I've had the cloud issue also as posted in another thread. It happens when my router reboots. I then reboot my hub and everything is ok. But there is no evidence of any cloud backups for the C8 at any time.

1 Like

Not sure if this was meant for me or not. But I have DHCP with IP reservation in my router.

Me too.
When I went to bed it was working.
No overnight cloud backup.
Unavailable in the morning.

It was and nevermind then :slight_smile:

I actually just noticed the same thing - no cloud backups for the last 5 days. I checked the schedule and clicked "update" just to see what happens.