C8 Migration from C7

A lot of times this is a DNS issue. Is your C8 set up for DHCP or static IP?

1 Like

I've had the cloud issue also as posted in another thread. It happens when my router reboots. I then reboot my hub and everything is ok. But there is no evidence of any cloud backups for the C8 at any time.

1 Like

Not sure if this was meant for me or not. But I have DHCP with IP reservation in my router.

Me too.
When I went to bed it was working.
No overnight cloud backup.
Unavailable in the morning.

It was and nevermind then :slight_smile:

I actually just noticed the same thing - no cloud backups for the last 5 days. I checked the schedule and clicked "update" just to see what happens.

What about if you click Backup now?

What about clicking reload backups? That should refresh everything.

I don’t have the cloud backup option, just local. That’s what makes me wonder if the protect got transferred okay.

@support_team

For laughs, I just power cycled by modem and router.
It came up with "cloud connection unavailable" again.

Mine is ok as long as I don’t reboot the router. Once I do that I lose cloud. After the router is back up and the hub is online local then reboot hub and see if cloud starts working again. That’s what I have to do.

1 Like

In my case there is no alert saying cloud connection unavailable. The cloud backup option does appear but if I have it to a cloud backup it spins for a couple min and no cloud backup appears.

@gopher.ny Any insight to the cloud backup issues talked about here?

1 Like

I just rebooted my C8 and the cloud came back.

So, to summarize for me:
-rebooting modem and/or router loses cloud for hub
-rebooting hub brings cloud back

I am running 2.3.5.105 on a C-8.

1 Like

I just added hub protect to a second C8 - it backed up fine. So one seems to be OK, the other not. C7s all look fine.

If rebooting the modem or router causes a loss of cloud backups, it sounds like the router might be using DHCP to assign an IP address to the hub. If you are using a static IP address (address reservation) for the hub, then it should still have the same IP address after the reboot as it used before.

It does have the same reserved IP. I also checked the router. The IP works, just not cloud connectivity until the hub is rebooted.
If it means anything, "hubitat.local/" gives the same result.

No.thats not the issue. Because it is not loossing its ip or net connection. That still works. Apparently the internal dns daemen or thread is dying when it is loosing connectivity durng a router reboot and not restarting. Many people now have reported this . Me being one of the first but support is still silent on the issue.

@bobbyD

Cloud connection is a service, not a hardware function. the only thing that may affect cloud connectivity at hub level is if its internal time is off. Go to Hub Details and select update time from browser. Maybe is off and that would disallow your hub from connecting. Other than that make sure your router didn't update and is now blocking the hub's access to the internet. I've seen that happen just about one too many times... :wink:

1 Like