C7 - Slow to operation?

I powered up and configured my new C7. I restored a backup from my C4 as directed here. The issue I am having is that it is overly slow to do anything. I try to navigate Devices, it spins forever. The same goes for Apps, Logs, System, etc.

Has anyone else see this slow operation of the C7?

Have you tried the usual, i.e., reboot, or power down and restart since you restored your backup?

I have tried the hub and router. It is about a 2 minute gap between when I hit Devices or any of the other options to when it finally loads.

Well that covers the basics...someone who has actually used a Hubitat hub (my C7 arrives tomorrow) and has done backups will have to chime in. :slight_smile: Good luck.

I am seeing a lot of 'link up' and 'link down' on the router when I go selecting options. I've changed ethernet cables and ports on the router.

Jul 31 22:55:00 kernel: eth4 (Ext switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 11) Link DOWN.
Jul 31 22:55:04 kernel: eth4 (Ext switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 11) Link UP 100 mbps full duplex
Jul 31 22:55:11 kernel: eth4 (Ext switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 11) Link DOWN.
Jul 31 22:55:13 kernel: eth4 (Ext switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 11) Link UP 100 mbps full duplex
Jul 31 22:55:25 kernel: eth4 (Ext switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 11) Link DOWN.
Jul 31 22:55:28 kernel: eth4 (Ext switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 11) Link UP 100 mbps full duplex
Jul 31 22:55:39 kernel: eth4 (Ext switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 11) Link DOWN.
Jul 31 22:55:41 kernel: eth4 (Ext switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 11) Link UP 100 mbps full duplex
Jul 31 22:55:52 kernel: eth4 (Ext switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 11) Link DOWN.
Jul 31 22:55:55 kernel: eth4 (Ext switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 11) Link UP 100 mbps full duplex

I have tried to go into the diagnostics and do a reset (soft or hard), but the MAC does not work for the password.

@bobbyD, Your master assistance is needed. Bad hub?

I would not do a hard reset until bobbyd or someone otherwise says to. I doubt it will do much except wipe out what you have done so far.

A soft reset might do something, but I doubt it. You had best to a manual backup to your desktop before you try this.

Are you getting a 401 error on that reset page? If so, you will have to log out of the hub and log back in.

I never get a 401, it eventually will load the page. The link up and link down in the router log is what I'm thinking is the cause.

What brand is your router? There have been some routers in the past that didn't play nice with speed and duplex negotiation.

Sorry, one more thing, I didn't notice if you have set a static address (address reservation) for the hub in your router.

It is best practice to not let the hub dynamically route. If your IP is different every time you go to log in, or you have other devices like Alexa, Hue, or Lutron hubs looking for Hubitat, it will cause issues.

On the router, can you configure the port to be something like auto negotiation or 100Mb-Full?

2 Likes

Be sure to use the mac address from the Hubitat, which may not be the same as the one printed on your Hubitat Box.

Wasn't that tied to certain C5 hubs? Am I recalling correctly?

But the C5 is virtually identical to C7, excepting the 700 series chip and associated software. That is the only reason I suspect that it might be related.

It could be something totally different, but it wouldn't hurt to get some more info about their setup.

True, but I was thinking they would have fixed the issue, since it's a new release. Possible they have not I guess

Asus router. It's been great with the C4.

I've used the MAC on the device and what the router sees, which is the same.

I have a static IP set for the hub via IP address reservation on the router.

Hi there, sorry for the troubles, check out this post

2 Likes