C7 - problem with ZEN25

When I joined mine and checked S0, S2 C0 and S2 C1... my C7 now adds it as a Power Strip. Geez this is getting a bit frustrating.

1 Like

Cut your losses...grab the plug and walk outside, throw it as far as you can down the street. Then run back in and shut your door and lock it.

:scream::+1::grin:

This is on my C-7

It did pull it in as a power strip though, and not the double plug

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3192

When you join it, you should do S2 Unauthenticated as that's what it supports

This was after a few disconnects and reconnects. It does show the S2 security and the firmware.

One thing to note though, it still hasn't produced the child devices to control each plug individually

1 Like

did you make sure I got the correct device driver? Several of my attempts to include it it would come in as a plane quote "Device" and I had to select the driver manually.

I had it show up as Zooz Power Strip or Device, it never pulled it in as Zooz Double Plug. I had to manually change it each time

1 Like

C-5 detects it no problems though

1 Like

Put a C7 sticker on your C5 label and call it done. :wink:

1 Like

xD I was planning on putting labels on them so I can identify them from the top when looking at them.

The C-7 seems to handle my Iris v3 keypad better though, so once things stabilize with the C-7 I'll move things over. Until then, they'll just be separate (C-7 for testing)

1 Like

I'm still getting the following error with the ZEN25 after the 2.2.3.135 update on the Hubitat C7. Is anyone seeing the same thing?

Summary

errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: zoozDoublePlug.parse() is applicable for argument types: (hubitat.zwave.commands.supervisionv1.SupervisionGet, java.lang.Short) values: [SupervisionGet(statusUpdates:false, reserved:0, sessionID:31, commandLength:10, commandClassIdentifier:50, commandIdentifier:2, commandByte:[33, 50, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]), ...] Possible solutions: parse(java.lang.String), wait(), run(), reset(), run(), grep() (parse)

My ZEN25 worked with my C7 for a few days. Yesterday it was no longer communicating with C7 and now I can't get it to rediscover.

Quick side question, is there a BETTER plug to buy?

HE/Zooz have said that FW 2.2.4 will come w/fixes for Zen25...however, no one knows when that release is coming.

I've had success w/a plug from Eva Logik (Z-Wave Plus), and also Centralite (good Zigbee repeater ).

2 Likes

how would we upgrade it once it gets released?

The FW release I'm referring to is HE firmware...once you have the new HE FW you're updated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

awesome. good to know. thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your issues are caused by Hubitat, not the device, but the next hub update is supposed to fix them...

3 Likes

I'm running a C7 and I have a couple of places where the physical layout of the ZEN25 would really be useful. Did the issues in this thread get resolved with the latest HE FW?

Edit - Never mind. I see the other, more recent thread now.

[INCIDENT] ZOOZ Double Plug (MODEL ZEN25)

1 Like

Definitely change the parameter referred to in that thread if you're going to use the plugs. Mine has been behaving well on my C7. It's in a location not too far from the hub (about 20-25' and through one wall and closet).

Excellent. Thanks.

Shoot - forgot to mention that you'll also want to join it w/no security - when the security dialog appears during pairing uncheck all options so it looks like below.

If you're joined w/security you'll need to exclude and re-include it, unfortunately.

It should show "None" in the second to last column (Security) on the Z-Wave Details page:

1 Like