C7 hub, low memory

That is why I could not find it. I had no idea to look for "Actuators."

What is Hia Update?

Hub Information Aggregation

The command lets me overwrite the HTML attribute with a custom attribute that combines information from 2 or more hubs.

2 Likes

Here is the rule I made for rebooting if the memory is low:

Once I am sure it will work reliably, I will probably change the time to while I am asleep. Until then, I want to be awake to observe whether it works or not.

1 Like

It will work. I have been using the same rule for quite some time now, except that mine runs at 3:48am. I'm getting about 3 days between reboots on my C5 since changing my threshold to 250k.

It took me a bit to wrap my head around "Required Expression" rather than an If condition AND condition Then rule. Normally, I would think of it as
If
Time=8:05(F)
AND
Hub Information freeMemory (current memory) < 250000.0(F) [FALSE]
THEN
Notify . . .
AND
Speak . . .
AND
reboot() on Hub information
EndIf

The new way to write a rule does make sense though and should be easier once I get used to it. It just seems that Required Expression is just another way to say Condition.

1 Like

I'm creating the above rule to auto reboot at 3am if the hub memory is low. I want to get a notification on my phone that it happened, but not at 3am. I always forget what survives a reboot. If I put "send notification delay 6h" will I still get notified at 9am or will the reboot wipeout the delay?

if the notification time is not during the reboot you should get it.