C-8 will not stay connected to network

UPDATE: After I submitted a support ticket, a habitat release corrected the issues and was documented in the release notes. This is a non-issue anymore. Thanks to @gopher.ny

For clarity of my diagram, all my eero Ethernet backhaul was set up using a layer 2 switch (not the Firewalla LAN), which is precisely what was recommended.

They are not recommending daisy chaining eero units, which is not feasible (for most wired homes) or required with a layer-2 switch. There are not enough ports on the Firewalla LAN, and the different ports may not be on the same layer 2 network, so yes, it would not make sense to connect all the errors to the Firewalla LAN.

As a network engineer and also a kernel and application developer, I appreciate the approach @gopher.ny used to debug and resolve the issue.

@aaiyar I appreciate your dedication to try and resolve this, but please be kind to others. If @user6459 is having issues, either there is a regression in an update, or there is possibly a network configuration issue.

I apologize for not returning to this thread after the update to the C-8 resolved it.

It's good to hear your problems are resolved.

With respect, @aaiyar is one of the most helpful and patient members of this form. He's also one of the very brightest.

I've never seen him be anything but respectful of others. I don't see anything that's posted here that isn't direct, clear, and intended to be helpful. The sum total of his many posts in this forum is a giant heaping helping of kindness given to others. The world would be a much better place if we were all as kind as him.

Itโ€™s a shame your desire for brevity prevented you from sharing any details of your network setup, apart from what is now apparently an incorrect diagram of your network topology.

Also to be clear, Firewalla absolutely does not recommend out support (for eero hardware) the network topology in your diagram, which we now know to be incorrect.

1 Like

I got a new C-8 last week and am facing the same network disconnect after a day or two. My C-8 is connected by Ethernet wire (Wire supplied by Hubitat) to router. I have set my router to assign the same IP to Hubitat. I have the latest Hubitat software installed. Can some body help me with the issue or point to a solution if this has already been resolved.

Please see this post, it gives some things to try first and also a lot of questions to answer. Then it would be best if you created a new thread.

1 Like