Last week I updated my idle C-7 to 184.108.40.206.
No apps, no Z-Wave; started with no devices at all. Joined 3 Zigbee devices, GE dimmer plug, Iris V2 motioin and Iris V2 contact.
Shutdown and powered off C-7 Friday afternoon. Those Zigbee devices joined to it were then reset and rejoined to C-3 .
On C-7 powerup this morning (with no Zigbee devices at all communicating with C-7), child table shows:
child:[null, 52DC, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[null, 4161, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[v2 contact zz, 8B6D, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
None of these devices were capable of communicating with C-7, yet its child table remains populated with devices that weren't connected to it since yesterday, and still remain after C-7's having been unplugged from power for twelve hours.
C-7 Zigbee join behavior is now similar to C-8; both C-8 and C-7 don't issue new device ID's to joining devices (unlike other routers in the mesh which follow the stochastic scheme).
Even more unusual on C-7, non-existent devices evidently never get purged from its child table. (on C-3 and C-8 on .105, similar Iris V2 child devices that no longer communicate get aged out of the table within a couple of minutes).
I reset and rejoined the Iris V2 contact sensor that was joined to it a couple of days before (it still appeared in the C-7's device list); I got the same behavior which results when this is done on a C-8 (joined directly via the hub, and not a router as an intermediary handling the join request): its blinking blue light stopped during the 'add device' process, indicating that it was communicating with the C-7. However there was no 'previously joined' notification; the device remained non-functional. Sniffer trace shows the old device ID (issued days ago on its first join to the C-7) is indeed actively communnicating with the hub (8B6D requesting data from C-7, C-7 issuing 'ACK' with frame pending, followed by data) yet C-7 event history shows nothing and device doesn't work.
Same 'remedy' as on C-8 is required to get the device working: rejoin it through a router, in which case 'Add Device' produces the expected 'previously found' and it works normally, or delete it from the database, reset/rejoin, and fix whatever automations used it.