Off-topic rant about security

Thanks.

I haven't re-paired any existing Zigbee devices, so haven't run into that yet. I would still expect/want the inclusion in case I want to rename the device right there during that step, rather than having to go to the Device page and rename it. Wonder how intentional that skipped naming option is.

thats because its designed to just fall back into the previous slot. z-wave is different its ID changes each time its joined (unless using replace).

1 Like

As @BorrisTheCat says, when Zigbee devices are repaired/rejoined, they keep their device ID which means that the hub already knows this device. It will still show upon the inclusion list like a Zwave device would so you can click in to the device from there, but since it’s already known to the hub, it will be prepopulated with its name.

It also means that any automations that were using this device before will continue working with the rejoined device, something that cannot be done with Zwave devices.

1 Like

Not after you explicitly delete the device. I've had it not show up after doing that and rejoining.

1 Like

Correct. If you delete the device from the hub, it is deleted. You can’t get it back again other than as a “new” device

1 Like

Today I removed the 3 Aeotec Range Extenders 7's and replaced them with 4 Ring Gen2 Range Extenders. Everything went smooth with the exclusion/inclusions. Also each Ring had a tag in the box with its pin code. I performed a full Z-wave repair with only a few Z-wave network busy errors but was able to repair those devices individually. I even woke up the battery devices that showed failed or unavailable was able to get OK on all devices. As I type this not a single device is using any of the 4 range extenders but it will likely take a couple days for everything to settle in.

I did have a strange issue tonight, all my exterior bulbs (10) are programmed to turn off at 11:45 which they did but the dashboard/device status didn't update for 8 of them when I looked at the log it appears the HE thought it was only turning off the 2 patio lights many times over. Very strange indeed but again all 10 bulbs did turn off as they were supposed to.

1 Like

I'm on a C4 and noticed the same thing with my porch lights yesterday. Many repeat "porch light is off"
Also I noticed if my power reporting devices, at the moment my motion lighting is supposed to turn on the lights, are outputting a slew of power reports, my motion lighting gets slow,
although the log will tell me it turned on the lights instantly, I know it didn't because I had to pull out my pocket flashlight to see.

Interesting. I just posted about an issue that included a motion sensor logging multiple actives per second.

How long am I supposed to be waiting on this screen when updating C7 Zwave chip firmware?

Sometimes it hangs at that message. There's a command to verify if it updated successfully somewhere in the forum, I'm mobile so can't look at the moment.

Opened another tab and went to the ZwaveVersion page. Does this look right?

VersionReport(zWaveLibraryType:7, zWaveProtocolVersion:7, zWaveProtocolSubVersion:14, firmware0Version:7, firmware0SubVersion:14, hardwareVersion:1, firmwareTargets:2, targetVersions:[[target:1, version:7, subVersion:14], [target:2, version:2, subVersion:3]])

3 Likes

VersionReport(zWaveLibraryType:7, zWaveProtocolVersion:7, zWaveProtocolSubVersion:14, firmware0Version:7, firmware0SubVersion:14, hardwareVersion:1, firmwareTargets:2, targetVersions:[[target:1, version:7, subVersion:14], [target:2, version:2, subVersion:3]])

Matches mine exactly - you are updated.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help guys! I will reboot the hub

Your not alone with this issue, but I have not heard much from HE staff that the issue is being looked into, hopefully they are working on it.

I'm having a problem including my Aeon Labs Doorbell to my new C7 hub (firmware version 2.2.3.145) . The doorbell seems to join with the S2 prompt as expected but the found driver / manufacture details are all wrong as are the parameters.

The Aeon Labs door bell works fine, and included with no issues on my Hubitat C5 hub so I thinks it's either a C7 or S2 issue?

Has anyone else experienced this problem. BTW I'm in the UK so in the EU zwave frequency range if that makes any odds?

On the Aeon doorbell's device page:

Did you try manually changing the driver to the correct one, and then hit "Configure" to update the device w/the new parameters?

Or have you already done that, and are just informing that the doorbell's pairing isn't completing normally?

Yes, sorry I should have explained, I'd already tried changing the driver from the initial one, to the correct Aeon Labs one, but it did not make any difference. It just does not seem to be paring in the way I would expect.

On my C5 Hub Devices Page the doorbell is listed as a master zwave device with two sub devices below it (Button and Siren) this all works 100%. On the C7 device page it just shows the one level with no sub devices...

1 Like

In Release 2.2.3.148, how's the new nodecleanup URL different than the "Remove" button on the Zwave details page?

This is the device (RGBgenie Micro Switch ZW-4004) that ends up being included, but it's obviously not my Aeon Labs Door bell. I've tried the inclusion several times now and the C7 hub always ends up selecting this device:

Aeon Labs Doorbell Screenshot 2020-09-17 134942

1 Like