Strange Z-Wave and/or Hub failure (C7)

I woke up to find some strange behavior of my Z-Wave devices/network:

1. There was one Z-Wave dimmer controlled light that was unexpectedly on in the morning. There were no logs indicating any action on this dimmer for the past few days (it's a light that does not get turned on often).
  2. I have a couple Z-Wave motion sensors that were logging as active multiple times per second (see screen shot)
  3. The Z-Wave details page showed several new FAILED and NOT_RESPONDING devices (including the dimmer noted in 1) above. And the messages were real, the devices I tested did not respond.

The only way to get things working again was a shutdown with a power pull.

Prior to this issue the hub and mesh had been working fine for days. There's obviously no easy way to reproduce this. So this post is about feedback rather than asking for support.

Is this for a C7 running on .145? Typically see this behavior with a failed pair (ghost node), or a bad driver. Check your settings, then z-wave details page, and look in the clusters column. Other than Node 0x01 (001) do you see any that look like the following:

Nothing in the in: , out: column.

Are you running any community drivers?

Running .145. The network has been running fine since .145 came out until last night. The devices are paired correctly. Using Hubitat system drivers.

I also found that there are similar reports of multiple logging from other users.

Same problem with zwave monoprice motion and temp sensor stuck active. Can get it to work with zwave repair but gets stuck after first motion.