Off-topic rant about security

Me too... On a 360. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

An old joke that was played on newbies at my company...at programmer training (COBOL!!!!) the instructor would walk into the room w/a bunch of punch cards that the students had turned in the day before for review. While walking towards his desk he would trip "accidentally" and throw the entire box of punch cards across the floor in a huge mess. (The cards in the box were actually just a random set of cards.)

The expression on the class was not to be forgotten. :smiley:

2 Likes

You seem to have a bucket load of devices on one page, if that is correct I would recommend reducing that. The option on dashboards to include all devices is making it easier for 90% of the customers who don't have alot of devices, but for any big system that should be disabled and only select the device you need for that page.
This massively reduces load on the hub as otherwise, each time you open that page every single device that is enabled on that page has to be loaded. The ones that tend to have a issue seems to be when they are leaving it open as then it's polling them all regularly. It's much better to have more manageable pages with links to those dashboards, like your also seem to have done :slight_smile: so its just warning on the common pitfalls :+1:.

1 Like

Me three... On a 360 in Cobol

1 Like

Thanks for the update! Can we expect the Inovelli red dimmer S2 inclusion issues to be fixed as well with the next release?

@danabw See below for the beta:

That’s hard core!

1 Like

This is why you always number (and label) your cards people!!! :rofl: :scream: :sob:

2 Likes

And pencils wouldn't have erasers.

1 Like

:man_facepalming::scream::dizzy_face:

2 Likes

I still can't use my fibaro ubs with my c7.

/ tears

@bcopeland is looking at this and hopefully will find a solution. Once that is working i can then move over my other hub and test a load more fibaro devices

1 Like

Same for me.
Fibaro devices are screwed on the C7.
Hopefully they will sort it with the next update. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Same here all fibaros works bad or not...... Sucks as a Hubitat newbie. But Shellys are fast as hell in hubitat..:slight_smile:

2 Likes

They work fine on my C3 and C5 it's just the C7.
I got a couple of Qubino's to try and they work great too.

2 Likes

Currently using konnected as a sub, but would prefer zwave.

Still, they're like lightning too. And far friendlier to configure. =)

And the update is out!

2 Likes

Installed and decided to run a Z-wave repair, as I have had an issue w/a Z-wave mystery device that won't go away. All my previous Z-wave repairs (also w/this mystery device) finished w/out any issues, but also never cleared up the failed device.

The current repair is still going on, but is littered with busy messages, and repair failure messages:

It's still ongoing, so have to see how things change, if at all, after it's done.

Also had another failed automation (zigbee motion sensor>z-wave switch) which coiuld be explained by the Z-wave repair running, not sure about that.

This is also by far the longest running Z-wave repair I've ever had on HE. Same number of devices, it's just taking a lot longer (which could be a good thing - maybe it's more detailed now).

Just tried a couple of lights from Pico controlling Z-wave switches, and the switches are non-responsive. Hue lights from Pico work fine.

Going to shut down hub, pull power for 30 minutes, and see if that helps.

I replaced a bunch of non-plus switches and dimmers last night with S2 ones. Because I didn't want to delete them from the system before I got the replacements in all the actions, I had to "force remove" them. I have a bunch of ghost devices in the list now--and seem to be getting into "network busy" storms.

Looks like a huge update but so far it seems hit-and-miss for me. I was able to control some switches that I hadn't since the last couple of updates but have not been successful to get anything new paired. I rebooted and got the busy warning:

After updating, I ran a Z-Wave repair. After some failures, I shut down again and pulled the power for a minute before starting back up. I'm hoping it just needs time to re-establish the connections and rebuild the routing table.