[BUG? 2.2.4.147] - Motion and Mode Lighting Apps

Hey Bruce, I am looking at this. I had no idea the Mode rules were added. The way I am reading this, if I understand correctly, the mode lighting app creates a trigger on switch on/off events to set the color, dim level, etc, to a value based on the defined mode. Is this accurate? If so, this will simplify a complex rule I have now. It would be nice, also, if we could set the lighting to adjust dynamically based the lux value of a light sensor. I have a RM rule that does this for my pantry light, and I use a rule similar to the mode lighting to control the brightness of my outdoor lights.

At evening, when they are on, I set them to 45% brightness but on motion I set them to 100% brightness. And in night mode, I set them to 20% brightness but on motion I set them to 100% brightness. Is this possible with motion and mode lighting? I am not sure I see this as being possible yet, but If I could migrate from RM for this to an appliance type app, then that would be perfect.

This would be the realm of a custom app, of which there are a couple.

I figured relative lighting might be outside the scope of the app. I have an RM rule that I copy and modify to do this when I need it. It was just a thought. I suspect the mode lighting might work well enough for me though, in my master bedroom, where I want full brightness and a cool white on motion, except when in night mode, then only 2% brightness, and a very warm white. It seems I would need multiple mode lighting implementations for the different brightness controls to ensure the color temp and level are set back to the normal values. I will play with this when I have some time.

Thanks!

Anyone out there who might be able to help with the below..?