[Broken] MyQ Lite Application

FYI - I had to uncomment line 133 to get the closing event to happen........

Tilt sensors for a garage door costs only $5-10 than a contact sensor anyway.

Use ON and OFF instead, they work unlike OPEN and CLOSE.

Thank you very much for the efforts!

1 Like

@dman2306 so homebridge polling device status is not permitted? Will Myq block my ip for using the homebridge plugin, which will in turn cause my Hubitat integration to break? I can integrate myq to HomeKit via myq-Hubitat instead of myq-homebridge if there is a significant chance of losing both integrations due to ip blocking.

IP-based blocking certainly happened with SmartThings users. But the distributed nature of Hubitat IPs and HomeBridge IPs makes it more difficult for Chamberlain to block individual users.

Instead, Chamberlain just makes small annoying breaking changes to the MyQ API.

4 Likes

You're question is like asking "If I go faster than the speed limit, will I get a ticket?" I can't answer that. All I can say is MyQ says your not allowed to poll and that they reserve the right to restrict access from anyone they find polling. Will you get caught? Will they disable your access? Or are they making an empty threat? I have no idea. All I know is what their TOS says and as @aaiyar mentioned, their previous response to ST about it.

6 Likes

@Abhijeet_Ghosh ... I've read on another forum that if MyQ cloud systems get a poll from a specific IP more than once per second, they will most likely "block" that IP. I can't confirm this but others on that site confirmed the rate of polling where MyQ will start blocking... PM me if you want more details on the post on the other site.

It’s fine now, I simply disabled the homebridge myq integration and am using myq to hubitat to homebridge. For the contact position, I'm using IFTTT with hubitat

@Abhijeet_Ghosh ... am I correct in you are using IFTTT to determine if your door is open/closed than pass that to HE?

yes

Wouldn't it be easier just to add a zigbee tilt sensor onto the garage door instead of just adding another cloud element?

3 Likes

I'd rather not buy another device, and the integration is not crucial (delay/slight unreliability is ok).

I think my MyQ hub was one of the first HA things I bought. It still works, although I rarely use it outside of Amazon Key deliveries (I prefer a zigbee relay + zwave sensor).

4 Likes

I gave up on Mine.

Damn MyQ is what lead me down the rabbit hole of HA.

4 Likes

Similar for me, not being able to control MyQ with the Apple Home app years ago (and not pay an additional fee) is what sparked my entire home automation journey originally.

Skip ahead to present day and I don’t even use the MyQ feature on my garage door at all anymore. I ended up going with a special dry contact sensor via Zwave a while back and never looked back.

3 Likes

I use a zen 16 with a security 2.0 to dry contact button and an ecolink tilt sensor. Reliable and local

1 Like

Were you able to pin point how to fix the open/close loop?

I can only find the old 3.1.3 version.