[Broken] MyQ Lite Application

I would like to see if there's a way to use a guest account to access the garage door. This application seems to only be able to use the primary account but would like to see if I can use a limited access account to constantly log in and trigger the door to open and close.
Using a guest account or co-owner account doesn't seem to work because it's looking for a primary home and there's nothing in that primary home to be mapped to. Has anyone attempted this before?

Thank you for your time.

Is this not possible through the API. To have a shared "device" being accessed?

Random question - I use Hubitat for my zigbee and zwave integrations, and use home assistant for most of my cloud integrations. The MyQ integration in HA seems to show open/opening/closing/closed status and wondering what the difference might be between the API integrations? Thoughts?

I believe, this was a design decision made in the SmartThings integration and @dman2306’s Hubitat port because Chamberlain have blacklisted IP addresses that poll their servers too frequently (this is incorrect; see @dman2306's explanation below).

Since that has become too difficult to keep track off (given the distributed nature of API requests from Hubitat and HA), more recently they’ve made minor, but breaking, API changes that force integration authors to change their code.

1 Like

Their terms of service specifically prohibit doing that so I’ve chosen not to build that functionality.

4 Likes

Is there a published IFTTT applet for sending the door status to a HE virtual contact? I had set four up (one each open and closed for two doors) but our friends at IFTTT decided to charge a subscription fee for more than 3 custom applets, leaving me one applet short of a picnic. You can still add published applets for free, but I can’t seem to find a replacement for the ones I made…

Then there probably isn’t a published applet. Might be easier to just get a couple contact or tilt sensors that pair directly to Hubitat.

1 Like

If you need 4, than might I assume that you have two cars - one for you and one for your spouse? If so, setup an account for each of you with 2 states each, link both to Hubitat.

2 Likes

Genius! Thank you.

1 Like

I concur with this statement. While IFTTT might work, it is still a cloud based integration, and from what I experienced very laggy and error prone. Maybe it has got better in the last year, but I suspect it hasn't.

With the sensor on the door, you will positively know whether it is opened or closed. A sensor doesn't have to be expensive, there are contact and tilt sensors on ebay starting at $10 or so. Sometimes even cheaper if purchased in a lot (bulk). There are some good how-to's to make a contact sensor become a tilt sensor if you search on here.

3 Likes

A contact sensor also alerts if someone forces the garage door open.

4 Likes

Ooh, good answer. I always forget about that scenario.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s time I got contact sensors, the two accounts thing is set up correctly but one or the other door is always missing events with the two accounts, whereas it was very reliable when all four applets were under one account. I’m just opposed to buying an extra piece of kit to do what the garage door already does (know when it’s open) — but I’m gonna have to concede this battle for my own sanity.

3 Likes

Over the last 48 hours, my MyQ app has stopped working.
I can no longer open/close the garage through the MyQ Lite application.

I have tried reauthenticating with my username and password, and I get an error stating:

"The username or password you entered is incorrect. Go back and try again. "

I can confirm that my hub has internet access, that the MyQ android app has connected; I can also verify that changing my password for the MyQ app didn't resolve the problem either.

Anyone else running into this problem?

1 Like

It is also happening on the ST platform so MyQ most likely made a change. The developers will probably be able to figure it out and update the app.

3 Likes

For me as well on ST and Hubitat, door say's its opening but doesn't. Works via MyQ app though

MyQ has changed their authentication in v6 of their unofficial API. The HomeBridge MyQ integration was updated about a week ago to accommodate this change, and here's what the release notes say:

"Starting with v6 of the myQ API, myQ now uses OAuth 2.0 + PKCE to authenticate users and provide access tokens for future API calls. In order to successfully use the API, we need to first authenticate to the myQ API using OAuth, get the access token, and use that for future API calls".

This is very different from authentication in v5 of the MyQ API. @dman2306 has many integrations with complex authentication (eg. LG), so I am hopeful he will be able to change his MyQ app to accommodate changes in their API.

8 Likes

Correct. v6 of their unofficial API is now in use.

1 Like

Hoping we can get a speedy fix here, I have zero door control.

1 Like

Well this is the second time this has happened.

Didn’t realize it was broken before reading it on here first.

2 Likes