[Broken] MyQ Lite Application

I don’t believe Amazon.ca support this feature yet in Canada but to put this in context.

The original post by @HAL9000 stated that when the amazon guy closes the door, it doesn't do the beeping and flashing lights. These are safety features when you are closing it remotely and you don’t have “eyes on” the closure process.

When you are there and hit a button to close the door, it doesn’t do these safety features. I guess this is the assumption with the amazon closure that the delivery guy is still going to be present, so just like closing via a physical button.

On a totally different topic, the eye beam is always active regardless of trigger. If the beam is broken or misaligned, the door will not close, or if in the process of closing, will reopen. The only way to bypass this is to push and hold the physical button until the door is fully closed.

Edit. All that said, the beeping and flashing lights don’t bother me and my neighbors haven’t complained yet. Lol.

I do have to admit though I have turned off the seatbelt reminder in my car. I do wear my seatbelt all the time but when you are jockeying from store to store in one of these outdoor malls, I have been known to do so unbelted.

Yes. None of this discussion is about the safety beam. Nor the feature that the door will reverse itself if it encounters unexpected resistance.

I brought up mostly as an "isn't that interesting" point that Amazon's interface to MyQ is such that they leverage the knowledge that someone is present and doesn't require delay/lights/beeps. I'd like to do similarly with my automation where I open the door between garage and house, but that isn't something the maintainer of this app is interested in doing. I'm fine with that, especially given that however Amazon is doing it is likely not available to anyone else.

2 Likes

I'm suddenly getting a CLOSING STATUS on 1 of my sensors even though the door is closed. This has worked flawlessly up to this point but last night, this 'closing' status came up. Despite refreshes and even opening the door myself - no change. The MyQ sees the correct status (I still have the myQ sensors on the doors). I'm using the Samsung Multi-sensor bottom half as the door sensors. I have 2 doors, the other, is fine. Any ideas? Both doors are now showing incorrect "moving"status.

2020-11-30 04:13:41.304 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_Momentary_Button_Tile_398.getMyQDeviceId() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (getMyQDeviceId)

dev:2162020-11-30 04:13:41.228 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_Momentary_Button_Tile_398.getMyQDeviceId() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (getMyQDeviceId)

dev:2142020-11-30 04:13:41.126 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_Momentary_Button_Tile_398.getMyQDeviceId() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (getMyQDeviceId)

dev:2132020-11-30 04:13:40.989 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_Momentary_Button_Tile_398.getMyQDeviceId() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (getMyQDeviceId)

@dman2306 I noticed something odd, today as I tried to debut a notification app rule. I noticed that the virtual door driver (with sensor in my case, 3.1.3) doesn’t throw an event when opening or closing. I can see events in the device Events tab , that my Garage Door device (MyQ Garage Door Opener) but the simple notification doesn’t respond to it. Any clue what it could be?

I do not. If it shows on the events tab it means an event happened. I’d suggest posting your rule. My gut says you have something wrong with the rule

1 Like

Will do but does it show anything in the logs for you?

I have been experiencing issues for a few days now. It seems the 'state' of the door is stuck on Closing and Opening even though they are both closed and showing it.

Door2:

I have a SmartThings (button) and the doors still open and close with that without issue. But not from the HE dashboard. At the moment they both say "Closing".

Anybody having this issue and thanks in advance for the assistance.

From the logs:

app:1962020-12-10 05:11:23.062 pm debugUpdating door status: 196|GarageDoorOpener|CG08460210D2 KD - Garage Sensor

app:1962020-12-10 05:11:23.058 pm debugRefreshing CG08460210D2 196|GarageDoorOpener|CG08460210D2

app:1962020-12-10 05:11:23.040 pm debugUpdating door status: 196|GarageDoorOpener|CG08460210D1 JD Garage Sensor

app:1962020-12-10 05:11:23.036 pm debugRefreshing CG08460210D1 196|GarageDoorOpener|CG08460210D1

But still shows CLOSING even they are both closed.

Hi, I'm new to Hubitat and I was using Wink before. I was successfully able to add myQ to Hubitat and was able to Open/Close by directly going to Device Command. But I couldn't find this a device when I'm trying to add it to dashboard. Do I have to do something for the Garage door to show up in the Dashboard list?

Yes. On the Dashboard app, check the box for the device, update, done.

1 Like

It creates a device named "Door", and it's best used with an additional tilt sensor or contact sensor because Chamberlain does not provide the door's status.

1 Like

That worked. Thanks

I was able to add the Garage Control to my dashboard, but I'm not able to control my garage after adding it. Am I missing anything?

Do you have your the App setup with a garage door tilt sensor? (Not the one from MyQ.) It can’t tell if it is open or closed otherwise.

If you don’t have one, you can always use a virtual switch/sensor combo linked to IFTTT, where MyQ will turn it on when open and off when closed. That is what I setup at my father’s place and it works great.

1 Like

I don't have any other Sensor app installed. But I'm able to control them fine by directly going to Devices --> Garage Door --> Commands ( Open, Close ).

I think the only way to control them via the garage door controller in the dashboard is to have a button.

Otherwise, if you opted to have a button device created when you setup MyQ, you can add it to your dashboard and control the door that way. It would do the same as the open/close in the device.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue. I would think there should still be a way to control the garage from the dashboard.

Hi @daytonadav2 and welcome to the community! Does your MyQ implementation use a sensor to tell if the door is open or closed?

1 Like

Opted to have a button created? Not sure where that configuration was.
I, too, am able to control the garage door from the device screen, but would like to know how to go about adding a dashboard button.

The option can be selected during install, or afterwards by going to the “Tap to modify devices” screens. This will bring up the following screen:

Selecting the “Create on/off push buttons?” option will create a button that, when switched on will open and off close the garage door.

1 Like