[Broken] MyQ Lite Application

Do you have a tilt sensor (NOT the built in MyQ one)?

No Sensor, is that the issue. I loaded the driver with the sensor, assuming that it was the built in one.

Yes. The MyQ one is not able to be read by Hubitat. There is a way to get that via IFTTT (I think you may find that upthread), but most people find it easier and more reliable to use something like a Samsung Multi-sensor that serves like a tilt sensor.

2 Likes

FYI... this issue just showed up in my door after being fine for months and changing it from ("contact") to "door" fixed it.

2 Likes

Thanks I think you’re the first person to respond!

2 Likes

Hello, hoping somebody can assist me. I have been using the app for 2 months with no issues and now all the sudden I am getting log errors. It seems my token keeps expiring is is causing cloud issues on my hub when this happens. I also noticed that the apps says I do not have any connected devices, but the door works fine.

Any ideas?

Did you try "Tap to modify account" and log in again? What happens if you do that?

Same with "Tap to modify options". Does that do anything?

Like I said everything works with the door, but I get this token issue. I can re-login fine and it says forced login, in the logs. I figured out that because I have it set as a lock and not a door it does not show connected. But when I change to do it shows connected. And the token issue still happens as well, so that does not seem to be the issue.

Can I have two MyQ app instances installed?

Have everything working with the "no-sensor" version for about one year, including dashboard open/close buttons and TTS when an open/close button is activated.

I recently got a zigbee signal into the garage by using two Tradfri repeaters on opposite sides of a reinforced concrete wall, and the Samsung multi-sensor now communicates with the hub from the garage.

What I want to do is get a sensor based version of the MyQ app working before removing the non sensor version and its associated RM and dashboard.

So the question is: Is it safe to install a second version of the MyQ app with sensor, connecting with the same garage door, MyQ id, and password; while the non-sensor version is installed and working?

Because this integration doesn’t really poll, I think you’re ok. That said, I’ve never tried it.

1 Like

So I'm working on migrating my stuff over to the C7. I'm trying to uninstall the MyQ app and it refuses to uninstall in any way possible. I've tried through the HPM, I've tried through the My Lite app itself using the embedded uninstall, and I've tried manually removing the app code, but all of these fail. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out if you error out the app setup and use the Remove option, it will remove itself.

2 Likes

Why can't you disable the original app, if for nothing more than to just test? I always forget that disable is there for apps.

2020-11-21 17.07.45 192.168.0.115 0219bb625631

2020-11-21 17.07.03 192.168.0.115 75b64bc62506

5 Likes

Btw, for what it's worth, I also found out you can't access your devices by using the co-owner feature with a dotted email account (like you can with alarm.com and others). You have to be the original device owner for the integration to work.

1 Like

Honestly - I have never had to use that so I didn't know that was a feature! Thanks!

To be safe, you might want to disable the no sensor installed app while playing.

Edit. Just read @neonturbo reply. What he said. Lol.

2 Likes

Thank you it worked.

• Setup and mounted the Samsung multisensor V5 device on garage door (yesterday)
  • Disabled the existing MyQ app and non-sensor door driver.
  • Did a fresh MyQ app install for a sensor based driver version, app created another door device
  • Tested app, updated dashboards, and RM TTS
  • Manually removed non-sensor door device, followed by the disabled MyQ app
    Tag: @steve.maddigan
2 Likes

Cool. Glad you are switched over successfully. Thanks for the update.

Side note: the driver also supports a sensor setup as a normal open/close contact

1 Like

I have the multipsensor sensor set in Garage Door Mode, Tilt sensor. When it's was set as a contact I did not notice the multisensor device's acceleration status field update to "active" or "inactive".

On the dashboard I would like eliminating the "are you sure" confirmation message, but template "Garage" does not inititate open or close. Meanwhile, this is 100% better than the no sensor setup.

1 Like

Switch your template to Garage (Control) and that should get it working for you.

And I do get inactive/active notification from my sensor.

It's set as "Garage (Control)" which gives the "are you sure" message. "Garage' shows the door status icon, but does not initiate the open or close.

I went with the tilt sensor because there was no easy way to mount it as a contact.