Brand new hub, running so slow it won't update

Just plugged in a brand new hub. I've poked around the forum and found that there are issues with auto-negotiation etc. I forced the command line for auto-neg, it was successful. No change.

I went ahead and configured my switch port to 100FDX with no change, tried HDX with no change.

I'm dropping packets every 6 or 7 packets on a steady ping, and the update to firmware always hangs at 1-2%. I've even tried swapping network cables and ports on the switch (48 port Unifi Pro).

I'm running out of idea's for why this thing runs like junk. Current firmware version is 2.1.8.117.

Welcome to Hubitat - may all your HA Journeys, be smooth sailing! (Certainly smoother than this!)

Is it possible for you (even if only temporarily) to plug your Hub into the router itself?
If not possible, do you happen to have a HomePlug set? (Mine works great)
If that's not possible, do you happen to have a wifi extender? (Mine works great)
If that's not possible, do you happen to have a simple switch? (My expensive, managed TP_LINK switch wouldn't work, but my simple 8 port tp-link, did)?

This looks suspiciously familiar...

Possible solution:

More on the subject:

Enough so, that i already ran that command and mentioned it in the OP. :stuck_out_tongue:
the command returns "Complete". No improvement.

Ah, I see it now... hrm.

Looks like you've done everything I would have at this point. Mine's hanging off a 8-port Unifi switch uplinked to a 24 port Unifi.

Are you running the hub on the same VLAN as the gateway? If not, can it be temporarily?

Currently on an IOT Vlan, full access to internet, but limited access to the .1 subnet (internal).

I will temporarily drop it on the internal network where the gateway (pfsense) runs and see if anything improves.

1 Like

Actually seems to run fine when hosted on an internal network. I am trying to think of why it would have any trouble at all on the IoT vlan, considering literally every other device i have on that network (roughly 60) work without any issues.

1 Like

I have it set up exactly how you do (both a C7 and C5) and mine seems to run fine that way. I run a USG though, not pfsense.

If you're feeling drastic, maybe you could try cycling your entire network stack? As good as Unifi and pfsense are, there are sometimes hiccups.

:heart: pfsense :heart:

Just as another data point, I run my hub on an isolated VLAN on Ubiquity Edgerouter w/out any issues. It started, connected fine, and has not had any network issues. It's connected via NetGear managed switch.

One more thing to check once it's back on the IoT VLAN. Check for IP conflicts. I go crazy with static IPs and it bit me in the โ– โ– โ–  today with my daughter's tablet. Same symptoms.