[Beta] Wink Relay - LAN Integration

Question??? I ran the General>Update on the STWinkRelay app. There exists STWinkRelay_1-1-0a but the app says it is running a newer version. The version linked at the top of this post I thought was 1-0-0a. Should I update?

Sure, there's a few tweaks.

I find that the built in updates doesn't work.
When you try to install the update, it states that there is a version of the app already installed, and you need to uninstall it first.

Hmm, don't remember, did mine ages ago. This of any help?

That should only happen if you try to update from a pre 1.0 version to a 1.0 or newer version. The post @Ranchitat linked to describes the process. It's also described at the bottom of wink.boshdirect.com and the bottom of the first post of this thread.

I probably didn't update the first post when I updated the main wink.boshdirect.com site. I'll go ahead an update the first post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right. Just saw your post about that. Should have looked first.
This is where my nightmare comes in - when the Relay reboots, I lose the newly updated app, as it reverts to the prior app (even though it was uninstalled?).
I then have to download the new version AGAIN, and uninstall/reinstall.

1 Like

Any suggestions for a rooting program to use on the relays other than Kingroot? I followed the instructions and was able to move all 8 of my relays over to Hubitat. Now, my pi-hole is getting hammered with DNS queries from kingroot. Not a big deal as it's stopping them but I was wondering if there was an alternative I could use. Thank you.

Someone mentioned using a script to replace KingRoot with superSU over in the sibling version of this thread in the SmartThings community.

Interesting... one of my Relays is in groundhog mode. Works, but deleted and uninstalled files seem to return from the dead (I know, a different show).

Iā€™m having a similar problem. Every reboot causes a restore to a previous state... kind of a pain since I recently updated my hub and in the process updated its IP to one that made more sense for me... so now after every reboot, no dashboard...

Hi there I used to have 14 winks all working with Hubitat ... step by step they started to show the groundhog mode and after few weeks they simply die.... for me it was a matter of time for them to die. I did not find any way to recover them nd I decided to replace them when they die for SonOff devices and in some cases tablets too. Here an example of one of the wink relays replaced by SonOff devices previously tasmotized to get them out of the SonOff cloud ... this is the European version perfectly working in the US....

Nice-looking buttons. I wouldn't quite call this a direct replacement for a Dashboard screen with 2 relay buttons, but nevertheless, it is one option and nice execution. I am yet to dive into Sonoff/Tasmoto world. I have a bunch of dual relays as well as this 2-button z-wave switch (I used it with ST, not HE yet). Might give it a try if I can't re-root the Wink Relays.

You are right I meant that I replaced them with the sonoff ... in addition I replaced several light switches like this one

All perfectly working since day one after the tasmotize process... the beauty of this device is that despite you might have only one light to manage , the 2 gans version give you the ability to program anything you want to the 2nd button

1 Like

Josh, Thanks for the link. Will be checking that out. Appreciate the help and quick response.

Please let us know how it worked out.

Plan on doing it this weekend. Will update as soon as I figure out how to get the code added.

Same situation with others, in wanting to replace my Relay (rooted,, as above) with a two button z-wave device.

Found these: Sonoff Zigbee DIY, and ordered two for inline to my two lights.
Will wire the lights to always on in the box, cover with a plate, and then use a button controller (Sonoff Wireless Switch) to control the two devices.
$30 for this solution.
Will let everyone know how it worked out.

Okay, I attempted to do this several times with no success. It may be my skill level (or lack thereof) but I cannot get the ZIP file down, open and access on the relay. I am looking now for different rooting apps to try. I may have to make some adjustments to the Pi-Hole to get this work. Will update again if I have any success.
Side Note: I did see a post several weeks ago about how somebody was able to get their dashboard loaded onto a relay. I may try looking for that post next to see if what they were doing. That is ultimately where I want to go with the relays.

Like this?

1 Like