[Beta] Wink Relay - LAN Integration

@josh I will not be able to transition to Hubitat until child devices come. Will the isComponent thing be availible? Or maybe that isn’t nessecary because the alexa skill will actually show child devices and Hubitat will let you use them in automations (smartthings, please bring that to the new app and Alexa skill!). Well, they must be at least controllable separately in webCore before I fully transition.

It seems that their is a child device handler, so is this already completed? It is also nice that I will be able to turn the screen on and off from alexa. Even better, I can have the relays on isComponent false while the backlight is on isComponent true (that is if it actually reports the status on isComponent false, which it won’t do in smartthings).

1 Like

Child devices are available in the public build :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I'm using firefox with an add-on called "fullscreen"
Edit: Firefox ended support of android 4.3 on July 27, 2020.

Would you be able to provide a link? I would love to try it!

@josh one of my wink relays is erratically saying both on and off, even after a restart! Help! The a different one just went into bootloop when restarting....

Oh well

Edit: the problem went away, then after re enabling an automation, it started happening again

Not sure what you mean "saying both on and off"? I haven't experienced a boot loop, but other people in either this thread or the SmartThings thread have. I'm not sure how they resolved it.

@josh the issue went after an hour, but then after enabling an automation, it started happening again. Disabling the automation stops it

What happens is that both child devices as well as the parent devices switch change from on to off randomly without the relays doing anything

I factory reset the wink relay and set it up again. Hubitat sees it as same device due to static ip. Any way to backup the whole android file system and reinstall it in one command?

@josh fixed it by creating the rule in webcore. Works great.

Sebastien, this link will bring you to the firefox apk where it will download: [https://download.mozilla.org/?product=fennec-latest&os=android&lang=multi]
Then open the add-on menu and search for "fullscreen" and install it.

1 Like

New HE user and am finally getting to the point of rooting my wink relays. So I printed the instructions and started the rooting process but I can't get to the Android Home Screen.

Covering the PIR sensor and holding the bottom button on the right side does nothing. The relay does not click four time, not even one time.

Any other way to get to the Android Home Screen?

My wind relay has software version 4.6.5 and firmware versin 1.0.602.

Thanks

@jerryjjansen it's a pain in the "you know what" but it will work.. it takes forever sometimes, and you have to make positive that the PIR sensor is completely covered. I used my palm and covered not only the sensor but the top of the relay as well. This has made it, dare I say, a little easier??? I started to do mine and it takes sometimes 45+ seconds to do it, but it eventually does. Hang in there, you'll get it!

2 Likes

Tried again and cover the sensor and held the bottom button for over 5 minutes and it still did nothing. May I mention that the bottom button light load is not wired to a load.

The load shouldn't matter, I didn't have any loads connected when I did mine. Just sitting on a bench with power connected.
Does the Factory Reset procedure work on yours?

Thanks, I finally got it rooted but nothing works in HE as I get errors. Here are some of them:
dev:2582020-08-26 04:47:31.444 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method sendEvent() on null object on line 268 (screenBacklightOff)

dev:2582020-08-26 04:47:30.203 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method sendEvent() on null object on line 262 (screenBacklightOn)

dev:2582020-08-26 04:47:28.917 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method sendEvent() on null object on line 250 (relay2Off)

dev:2582020-08-26 04:47:27.697 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method sendEvent() on null object on line 244 (relay2On)

dev:2582020-08-26 04:47:25.176 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method sendEvent() on null object on line 232 (relay1Off)

dev:2582020-08-26 04:47:23.954 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method sendEvent() on null object on line 226 (relay1On)

dev:2582020-08-26 04:47:19.596 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method sendEvent() on null object on line 232 (off)

dev:2582020-08-26 04:47:17.849 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method sendEvent() on null object on line 226 (on)

Also why doesn't the switches operate the relays?

I found this helpful: https://youtu.be/C1TswNMT7nk

1 Like

@jerryjjansen have you disabled the OEM app? If so, you need to go to settings, general, and button mapping (or maybe a different path in the apps settings? It’s so short you’ll find it) and set button 1 to switch one and button 2 to switch 2

1 Like

Thanks mcmenemy for the video link. It helped a lot. I finally got my 5 Wink Relays rooted to HE. I did a factory reset first and never did any wink relay updates and they are working fine. This means that you do not need a subscription to wink to root the relays. Thanks to everyone who helped me and I now have everything running on HE.

2 Likes

Is there any way to make the backlight stay off?

I have one relay that the backlight stays on no matter how high you set the proximity setting.

Thanks

Hit gear icon then general then backlight setting change to touch will only come on when screen is touched. The proximity sensor are terrible in the relays.

1 Like

I have setup a rule that turns the back light on and off. It works great!

1 Like