[Beta] Wink Relay - LAN Integration

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with my relays. One last question. Is there anyway to make the wink relay app autostart with a power failure?

@jerryjjansen Josh hasn’t implemented that the GUI reopens when it restarts, but the services that allow it to run do. It seems that Josh is working on this, as someone pointed this out on the smartthings forum

Dear all

I have a wired issue driving me crazy. I have 14 wink relays installed in my system using the Wink apk developed by Johs. Everything is working as expected except that some of the relays are able to be updated to the version 1.1.0a while others are not able to keep the update after a restart. In other words, when I restart the Win relay, they go back to previous version.

All my relays have same configuration with Kingroot but I am not able to understand the reason why this downgrade happens after the rebooting the system only to some of my devices

Any idea?

Some more info...... despite I uninstall the Wink apk 1.1.0a and restart, the wink relay keeps installing back the application 0.4. Seems to be something relayed to Kingroot but I do not see anything different between my devices....

Thanks

Sounds like the 'groundhog day' situation that some of my Wink Relays are experiencing.

There's a bit of discussion on it in the sister post for this thread in the SmartThings community. It's as if the storage becomes read-only at some point in time and any updates or changes you make while the device is running are lost when the device reboots and goes back to the snapshot in time at which it became read-only.

I don't think I've seen anyone else resolve it though.

Hi Josh and sorry for my late response.
I have taken a look to the Smarthings community and they are having similar behavior. I will keep investigating but I do not have too much hope to find a solution.

1 Like

Hello Josh

Any way to re enable the wink app once it has been disable by your app? I am using the wink app ( no logged in) as the home screen to show the time, the internal temperature and a big accuweather widget..... by mistake I disabled the wink app and I do not know if I can bring it back

Thanks

Yes. It's in one of these posts somewhere. :stuck_out_tongue:

So it should be:

pm enable com.quirky.android.wink.projectone

That being said, you're going into uncharted territory and you're on your own there. If the primary thing you're using in the Wink app is the weather widget, you're probably better off leaving the Wink app disabled and just use a normal weather widget.

Thanks.....

this is the only reason as well as for the indoor temperature. I am not sure if I can get any home screen application to show the indoor temperature. See an example

I typically use a dashboard that I setup specifically for each Wink Relays:

2 Likes

good idea .....lets give a try

1 Like

this hubitat screen is a browser or an application? i cannot install the APK ..... it says SDK invalid

Thanks

I do this using a browser. Either with Firefox or an earlier version of Chrome.

thanks

The right version is not easy to find, but luckily, Josh posted a link to it above:

On my Wink Relay, Chrome 62 failed to install, but 71 worked.
I'm trying to figure out how to install this great app by jpage4500

but it won't install.. Parse Error.

Hi there....
I have noticed for the for last few days the Wink relays do not announce any status in Amazon Alexa echo Show.. ex... Switch on or off notification......Can you please confirm if there is any issue with them? Thanks in advance...

I really don't want to use a browser for Dashboard. Any working apps out there that work on the Wink Relay?

I’m not aware of anything else, but would like to hear if someone knows of something that does the same. Especially if it can automatically start-up following a system reboot!

Why not?

1 Like

Hey Josh! Thank you for making this device useable again and I am in awe at what you guys have and can accomplish.

I feel that this device is so underpowered that loading a browser and trying to hide headers, making it full screen, seems too much for this little thing to handle.

As long as the 2 physical buttons continue to function, the Wink screen does not seem to serve a very useful purpose anymore, so I thought that a Dashboard would be perfect. Hubitat app won't install on Wink Relay. I think that using a Fully Kiosk is overkill on this little thing. That's why I was trying to find a functional Dashboard app that can run on this Android 4.3.