[BETA] [RELEASE] Somfy TaHoma Switch Driver

Hi @keithw
I've got this set up and connected and all working well to open/close.

I can't seem to set a mid point level though. How does the setposition work? When I set a position, nothing happens, and then StartPositionChange just goes to fully open or fully closed.

Thanks

@davehendo25 the RTS protocol can accept 3 commands: "open", "close" and "my". Once you've programmed a "my" position for your RTS blind, you can trigger it by sending a setPosition of 50% (do not invoke startPositionChange; it's unecassary and will override the "my" position). The setPosition code reveals a bit more about the inner workings of the driver. You won't ever be able to set a real % position through hubitat as that's not supported by the TaHoma Switch.

I never tested whether the "my" position is successfully accepted by the TaHoma Switch. I would get your "my" position working with a remote control first.

Great - thanks for the quick reply.
Got it.
Do you know if you can set the My position without a remote? (We haven't got one).
No worries if not, I'll get hold of a remote from somewhere.
Thanks

@davehendo25, I don't know if it's possible to set a my position without a remote. I'm amazed you've got this far without a remote!

Ok, thanks.
Had them fitted today, and (maybe stupidly) said that I wouldn't need a remote because I thought I'd be using other smart buttons in combination with 1 of ST/HE/Alexa. The chap fitting them used a remote to set them up.
Unbelievable that you can't set them to any desired height, and I can't believe that you can't set the My height in the app.
I'm guessing that setting the My height is not available through their developer mode?

@keithw , Bond Bridge was a great suggestion! Solidly working for Open/Close of Somfy blinds and curtains (all 3).

What I cannot figure out, is how to get the programmed MY settings. The MY button does work from the Bond app. Getting it to work with HE controls probably has to do with something in these settings. any idea, or is there some documentation I'm not finding about this 'Set Position', 'Start Change', etc settings? Cannot figure out how to get these to function (or what exactly they're supposed to do).

1 Like

@davehendo25, no developer mode won't help you set the "my" position. Your best bet is contacting Somfy support. Let them know your motor, hub and remote control model and they will send you the correct instructions to program your blinds.

@MERRICK glad you've made progress. You'll have to hop over to the bond bridge integration thread to get further help.

I'd already posted to the 'Integrations' area here , but no response. Also posted same in the Bond Community > Hubitat Integration board. The community boards are (understandably) touchy about multiple posts on same topic, so I did a ton of searching around first- no one else seems to have posted same issue.

Hi @keithw

I've been using this for a few days, and mostly working well.
However, I'm struggling with something quite fundamental.

We have 7 x blinds in one room. I set up a rule to close all 7 in one go. Typically only 5/7 close when the rule is triggered. (All 7 work no problems when using the Somfy app).

Do you know why this might be? And if there's a way around it?

Thanks

@davehendo25, I wonder if there is a limitation with the number of simultaneous requests the API will accept. Could you set the Log Level to Trace in the device and trigger your rule manually and see if there are any errors logged?

One option would be to stagger the blinds.

Thanks for your reply.
The first test tonight closed 6/7.
The blinds that typically do not close, are those that are listed last in the rule. In this test it was number 6 on the list. (#7 on the list DID close)
From the logs -
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException.getResponse() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: getMessage() on line 105 (method rtsBlindCommand)

Staggering does solve the problem successfully.

Thanks

@davehendo25, thanks for providing the stack trace. As suspected the TaHoma Switch is overwhelmed with 7 calls at once. I've updated the driver to increase the timeout and made it so it retries with an exponential back off.

1 Like

Hi there, I'm really struggling to find where to add the IP address in the tahoma switch. I can't see the option in the preferences. I'm really struggling to grasp as I'm not a teccy. See logs and other screenshots if you can help. Appreciated in advance

@stueyhughes you need to update to the latest driver.

Hi Keith, I think I'm getting close. When I refresh my device list in HE I can't see my 5 somfy blinds. These are my logs. Fingers crossed you can help further. Appreciated in advance...Stu

@stueyhughes looks like you are now authenticating. Have you clicked Refresh Devices? And then refreshed the browser page?

Cool, and thanks in advance. I've just done that. So what are the next steps to see my blinds in the HE Device list. They're still not showing? Do they have the same names as the devices on my Somfy Hub or are they renamed? :+1:

@stueyhughes looks like I introduced a bug with my last change which prevented any devices from being detected. Could you please update the driver again and see if it works?

Hi Keith. Thanis again for your help. The new driver seems to have moved things along. See my latest logs. Although I don't understand them, I can see that it can see my blinds which are located in the Tahoma hub.

Unfortunately, when I refresh my device list in HE, the blinds still aren't visible in the device list. I think I'm overlooking something very simple but can't work it out....Stu